Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connecting a drop pedal to helix

Eldred37

Hi all

I would like to know how to connect my Digitech drop pedal to my helix. I do not want to add it to loop but have it as the first pass through before it is processed by the helix. 

It needs to be the same setup for every patch to have the option to have the down-tuned signal pass to the helix before anything else. 

Could someone please assist me with this? 

Thanks 

9 hours ago, Eldred37 said:

Hi all

I would like to know how to connect my Digitech drop pedal to my helix. I do not want to add it to loop but have it as the first pass through before it is processed by the helix. 

It needs to be the same setup for every patch to have the option to have the down-tuned signal pass to the helix before anything else. 

Could someone please assist me with this? 

Thanks 

If, you don't want to use an FX loop, then there's only one option:

Guitar--->Drop--->Helix guitar in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hillman1312 said:

Why not use the built in pitch block as first block in the chain. I find it works quite wel for Eb and D tunings. Saves you extra hassle with pedals, power, cables etc.

Because the Helix pitch shifting algorithm is not polyphonic. It may work passably under certain circumstances, with very simple parts...consonant intervals like power chords, etc... but for lots of stuff, it'll have trouble and won't track well. It's meant for single-note harmony lines, not detuning entire chords.