Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Momentary Changes - Struggling

kressbiz

Trying to get momentary change/bypass of parameters or effects. I really would prefer to assign this to the external toe control as I have a momentary switch attached to it. For each song I need 3-4 snapshots. I am in Preset/Snapshot mode and I think this may be part of the problem. I went through the manual to set up momentary but something was off.  Can anyone point me in the right direction. Is momentary for stomp mode only?

1 hour ago, kressbiz said:

Is momentary for stomp mode only?

Instant Commands (the lightning bolts in Command Center) will fire on Snapshot load.

The commands assigned to the footswitches only work when the buttons are in Stomp Mode.

3 hours ago, kressbiz said:

Thank you. Snapshot/Stomp mode = solved. I do wish I could make the external toe switch momentary though. 

If you're talking about bypassing effects, you can accomplish the same sort of behavior as a momentary switch by using the expression pedal's auto-engage feature. You could have it set up so that the effects engage when you move the pedal past 95%, for instance, and turn off when you move back.

2 hours ago, phil_m said:

If you're talking about bypassing effects, you can accomplish the same sort of behavior as a momentary switch by using the expression pedal's auto-engage feature. You could have it set up so that the effects engage when you move the pedal past 95%, for instance, and turn off when you move back.

I do this on 3 of my presets as I'm singing, playing rhythm right up til I start to solo (solos have a wah as well).  I set all effects to engage at 97%...so when I bring the toe back a bit it turns on my lead boost blocks (delay, OD into amp, volume boost) as well as the wah block....it works great. 

• 5 weeks later...