Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

issue pod hd500 with headphone

victorb85

Hi everyone

I've juste bought a pod hd500 to play it with a headphone in my student studio.

But I've a bad issue with it :  with the clean amp models, the headphone out sound is alright, but as soon as i try anything distorted, it tends to sound very nasally and kind of lollipop.

I use a Marshall Major 1 which works good with my pc and my brother's piano, and i'm in studio output mode.

How can I resolve the problem ? Do you have any tips ?

Thanks for any answers

Victor.

First, let's ask a few questions --- 

does this happen when you are playing without headphones? 

Then, of course, the obligatory questions: what are you using when not using headphones. what does it sound like when not hooked up to the other devices when through headphones. what kind of effects are you using. you know, the basic IT steps, like rebooting the computer before trying C+++ diffs on the co-spindle while dixfolating the cognative values.

If you ask me, you have some kind of loop/phase going on. 

Do things like separating the stereo panning. Make sure that the other devices aren't duplicating the signal in your ear (such as you hearing the guitar from  the pod, and the computer and the piano all at the same time).

And speaking of panning, make sure you have proper headphones and that they are working properly. It is such a silly little thing that we all forget about. I mean, I one time was using a 1/4" adapter with my 3.5mm ear buds... some of my patches were sounding off - the stereo patches. I just needed to give it a little wiggle for the connection to fix itself. the phase went away.