Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Strange behaviour HX Edit

Hillman1312

Hello Forum,

Ever since I updated to 2.81 I'm seeing some strange behaviour in HX Edit. I'll try to explain, but as it doesn't seem to happen all the time I could not yet pinpoint the real problem.

What I did was the following:

I have a setlist which I call "ToneLab", which is basically sort of a sketch book for making presets. Once I'm happy with a new preset I save it (CTRl + S). Next I select the preset and click " copy". Then, I go to my "Live"  setlist which contains all the presets I use live and "paste"  the preset wherever I like in the list. Now, ever since I updated I note that this copy method doesn't always work. Sometimes only one path gets copied (in HX edit at least). Sometimes nothing gets copied at all (except for the name). Sometimes the signal path of the new preset is replaced by the signal chain of a neighbouring preset. And today, the preset copy seemed to go ok, but when I wanted to select the amp it showed the settings for the chorus, when I selected the chorus it showed the settings for the compressor, etc. Really very weird, almost as if HX Edit had no clue what the actual unit was doing. Now, when I re-started HX Edit the problem seemed to go away (not tested for all the instances above, only the last one).

Long story short, something goes wrong when I copy presets from one setlist to another in HX Edit. 

My question to the community here is if I'm the only one having this problem or if this is a known issue?

Thanks !!!

13 hours ago, Hillman1312 said:

Long story short, something goes wrong when I copy presets from one setlist to another in HX Edit. 

Hi,

Always worth trying in the event of “strange behaviour”, If you haven’t already done it, reset your hardware and let it rebuild the presets. Try FS 9&10,  that may clear the glitch. Then reload you patches and setlists from your back up.

Nothing to lose - hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice. I just exported my setlists (for backup purpose) and noted that I got error messages for the "ToneLab"  setlist. That was probably what has been causing the issues. Did the reset and then imported my presets again. It took quite long for the Helix to rebuild all presets but so far so good...... I think this solved the problem.

• Thanks 1