Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

setlist question

Gmunford

12 hours ago, Gmunford said:

so assume I know nothing

PRESETS - Owners manual - page 14.

If you have a computer you can connect your HXFX box with a USB cable and use the free HX Edit application to remotely edit and manage your setlists.

See Page 4 - Updating your HX Effects Device Firmware.  (note your firmware and HX Edit version number must match to work properly)

Now you know something.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3d3f4a5a6a1897ecdf6/application/pdf/HX Effects 2.50 Owners Manual - English .pdf

Here's some more stuff.

• phil_m changed the title to setlist question
11 hours ago, silverhead said:

That's explained in the manual. When you're new to a product and know nothing that's generally the best place to start.

I read the manual and Silver says I still know nothing///!!! ; P

• Haha 1

I appreciate the advice to read the manual, which I had done. Im not asking about presets, i’m asking about set lists which I do not see covered in any detail in the manual. I have downloaded hx editor, and I see ‘setlists’ but do not know how to use it. Specifically, how to create a new setlist.  

thanks silver.head - thats helpful - but i still dont knwo now to access/call up the available setlists via either computer or the pedal. . i know this seems idiotic, but it is not self evident (to me at least) that I can see. so exactly what to do i to access the setlists (or create one)/ thanks much. 

10 minutes ago, Gmunford said:

thanks silver.head - thats helpful - but i still dont knwo now to access/call up the available setlists via either computer or the pedal. . i know this seems idiotic, but it is not self evident (to me at least) that I can see. so exactly what to do i to access the setlists (or create one)/ thanks much. 

Have you downloaded and installed HX Edit? As soon as you open HX Edit it is pretty obvious how to use and access setlists.

ok this is the problem. sorry to be dense, but i open hx edit and see ‘setlist’ inntellow under the preset tab, but dont see how to create or find new one. I click  (rigth and left) the word setlis - nothing happens, i see no drop box.  im sure its simple and obvious, but not to me. 

also, is there a way to access and/or create new setlists from the pedalboard itself.

2 hours ago, Gmunford said:

also, is there a way to access and/or create new setlists from the pedalboard itself.

Hi again,

I think really that you need a few “driving lessons” with this stuff, therefore I would suggest you take some time, make some coffee and settle down to watch this guy’s videos about using HX Effects. He has quite a few covering what you need to know. Please check them out!

mucj appreciate all above -

Lungho: peoblem is jy screen doesnt look as you describe. I have the SETLIST.   IMPORT.  EXPORT nut below that is no folder icon. Rather, the words; PRESETS.  COPY.  PASTE. IMPORT.  EXPORT .Clicking each of those does not lead to setlists.

and Daacommando - i have looked st those fideos, but will do so again, 

thanks for your help and patienve

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2019 at 5:11 PM, Gmunford said:

ok this is the problem. sorry to be dense, but i open hx edit and see ‘setlist’ inntellow under the preset tab, but dont see how to create or find new one. I click  (rigth and left) the word setlis - nothing happens, i see no drop box.  im sure its simple and obvious, but not to me. 

You're not dense. What version of HX Edit are you using? You may have to upgrade to see everything.

Slightly different scenario, as I have HX Stomp, but 'Setlist Import/Export' (in yellow) didn't even show in the HX Edit interface until I upgraded HX Edit to version 2.82.

Looks to me like setlists exist in HX Edit and on the floorboard/rack unit, but HX Effects has nothing to say about them in the manual except that "setlist files exported from Helix family devices or Helix Native plug-in are not able to be imported and used on HX Effects devices."

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Mikkel79 said:

I just bought a stomp and have exactly the same problem as you do..... Where it says setlist, there's no dropdown menu, like i see in videos. So no way to change setlist. very annoying

The Stomp only has one setlist with 126 presets, hence no way to change to a different one.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I have an HX Effects at latest firmware V3.0 and same problem as the OP. In response to the previous "RTFM" posts, "setlist" is only mentioned 2X in the V3.0 manual: First, on pg 16 is the above quote from kylotan and then (new to V3.0) again on page 43 in this tantalizing reference, "...immediately jump to any other preset within the current setlist". I believe this is a typo carry-over from the Helix manual as there is no other mention of set list support in the Effects manual and, as noted by the OP, no apparent support in HX Edit for setlists in the HX Effects unit. I can only conclude that like the Stomp unit, the Effects unit only supports one setlist.

7 hours ago, ghclaborn said:

I can only conclude that like the Stomp unit, the Effects unit only supports one setlist.

I would conclude that, as the HX FX unit only has 128 presets in 32 banks of 4, you're correct. Others units have 8 setlists of 128 presets in 32 banks.

You note the statement from "kylotan", and also from the manual:

"setlist files exported from Helix family devices or Helix Native plug-in are not able to be imported and used on HX Effects devices."

The reason that setlists from other devices cannot be imported to the HX Effects is because they are different. HX Effects does not include amplifier and cabinet models.

You say that you have the same problem as the OP, where he asks about creating setlists. Well, you connect your hardware unit to HX Edit software and use that. Fill all 128 slots and save them, then do the same thing as many time as you need.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 3 months later...

I am new to the "HX" world and I recently had the same question about "Setlists". I've read HX Effects manual thoroughly a few times and it doesn't really explain anything about how to set up a setlist, how to manipulate a setlist, or how to use them for that mater. I did, however, discover that the "Setlist" information can be actually found in the "HX Edit" manual, not the HX Effects Manual.

Look in the HX Edit Pilot's Guide v3.00 - Rev P manual, start on page 12, and ready through the "Presets Panel" section. You will start to read about Setlists starting on at the bottom of page 13 (Importing and Exporting Setlists). I discovered that the HX Effects does not have the same menus as the HX Stomp for Setlists.  In HX Effects, there is no Setlist menu. The Presets Libraries includes only one setlist. It says that you use the "Import Setlist" option to replace the current setlist with one saved on your computer. It also says that a single Setlist on your HX Effects displays no name on the hardware or within HX Edit. That said, you can edit the Setlist’s filename when Exporting the file to your computer.

So, basically, a Setlist on the HX Effects consists of all presets currently preset library, and you use HX Edit Import Setlist and Export Setlist commands to save and load different setlists.

Read the HX Edit manual. It was very helpful.