Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dropouts on Relay G10S

jaylongwell

After using my  G10S for a month with no problems, I'm starting to have consistent dropouts at about 10 feet away from the unit. Only happens when I'm out front of the stage, in the audience. Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. I've tried the frequency dial to fix, but not working. But, to be honest, I don't know if I'm dialing it correctly. Help in this area would be great, too. Thanks

If you set the channel selector to Auto, and insert the transmitter in the dock for 15 seconds or so, the receiver will scan for the best channel and set itself and the transmitter to that. That would be the first thing to try.

When you say you're out in front of the stage, does that mean you're on the floor in front of an elevated stage? The G10S will work best when there's a clear line of sight between the transmitter and receiver. It's not that you can't have some obstructions, but the obstructions do reduce the range of the unit.

11 hours ago, jaylongwell said:

After using my  G10S for a month with no problems, I'm starting to have consistent dropouts at about 10 feet away from the unit. Only happens when I'm out front of the stage, in the audience. Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. I've tried the frequency dial to fix, but not working. But, to be honest, I don't know if I'm dialing it correctly. Help in this area would be great, too. Thanks

What Phil said... line of sight matters. If you can't see the unit, then sooner or later it won't be able to see you either. Leaving it on "auto" and letting it choose the best channel will minimize the likelihood of other wireless device interference, but won't help you at all if the problem is any significant physical obstruction between you and the base unit.