Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Would it be feasible?

fatherjacques

Yes, it would be feasible, and I think its a great idea!

I added the idea of "Helix Native Virtual Input/Output Ports" to IdeaScale (where users add and vote for Helix ideas) a couple of years ago after I first started using Helix Native. It seems like a natural fit. The idea has received some votes, but who knows if Line 6 will ever add the feature.

You can vote for it here.

Meanwhile, there's a workaround of sorts...most DAWs have plug-ins that work with hardware. You could put one Helix in front of it, and one after it. Of course this would work only with serial, not parallel, effects chains.

The biggest potential problem is that with Helix Native, to integrate hardware you would need to go out the audio interface, go through the hardware, then loop back into the audio interface. This would likely add a considerable amount of latency with anything other than a Thunderbolt-based audio interface. On mixdown it wouldn't be a problem, but there might be an unacceptable amount of delay when tracking.

Thanks . I have this once to see how it would go.

I think if we could load and other plug-ins within a block of Helix Native then we could use scenes that would incorporate this block.  As an example we could use  Echoboy from soundtoys or any other plug-ins loaded in a block and place it where we want to.  We could probably route an other channel input of our DAW to the block for hardware units.

I am not an expert so I don't even know if it would make sense.