Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Switch Between Two Amplifier In The Same Preset

ale55555

Hello,

I saw that pod hd permit to create a custom tone mixing two different amp. but what's I need to do is 

switch between two amplifiers.

I tried to mixing two amplifier and disable one of them but what's happen is mixing a guitar without amp. with another amp.

I hear the amp. distorted sound plus the clean guitar with no amp. 

I would like switch between fender tween and mesa boogie in the same patch.

It this possible? Can someone explain how?

I'm looking for the same answer. I tried putting the pedal on panning before the two amp paths, but I can't seem to get it to work. It still acts like a vol pedal.

I've also tried simply turning one amp master vol up and the other down withe exp ped, but that gives unsatisfactory results as there is kind of a dead spot in between. I'd like to be able to set up a smooth transition from amp to the other.

Hello,

I saw that pod hd permit to create a custom tone mixing two different amp. but what's I need to do is 

switch between two amplifiers.

I tried to mixing two amplifier and disable one of them but what's happen is mixing a guitar without amp. with another amp.

I hear the amp. distorted sound plus the clean guitar with no amp. 

I would like switch between fender tween and mesa boogie in the same patch.

It this possible? Can someone explain how?

i believe if i understand you correctly, u want to have the fender and the Mesa to toggle. if that is the case you will need to assign both of them to a single foot-switch,keep the fender activated and the Mesa de-activated. in that way you can have the fender and mesa simultaneously

so eg

FS1 - Fender and Mesa together, keep only the fender on, so you will have the red led on FS1, the time if you press the FS1 the fender will get deactivated and Mesa will be up.

Hope this helps

The only way I know of that you can switch amps without the dry signal feeding through on the disabled line is this:

Set the expression pedal to control the channel volume on both amps. Set the minimum on the Twin to 0 and the max to whatever you want. Then set the MAXIMUM on the Mesa to 0 and the MINIMUM to whatever your desired level is. Then you can use the expression pedal to sweep from one amp to the other. I'm not aware of a way to do it with a single button.

here is a trick for using dual amps with a DT that will do what you want.  Place a volume pedal in front of each amp, both set to zero.  Turn one on and the other off.  Set both pedals to the same FS.  When you step on the switch it will turn one pedal on which will mute that path and when you hit it again it will swap.  You will only have signal flow on the channel with the Vol pedal turned off. ;)

I found my problem. I had input 2 set to aux. It must be set to same for the pan pedal to work.

This works pretty well. Use two different amps and just pan between the two. I use this because when I'm playing and singing I don't like looking down at the pedal board to go from comping to soloing. Also it's good for some swells and semi broken up sounds in the middle of the pedal throw.

The only drawback is that with a couple amps and a compressor on the clean amp and a distortion pedal on the cranked amp, I only have processing headroom for a reverb. However, by assigning the decay setting to the pedal also, I can increase the verb for the distorted amp.