Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX stomp headphones/stereo and split outputs

yawroN

Hi, I have set up my stomp to split the signal out so I have panned "left" mono signal out going directly to my amp clean channel and panned "right" mono signal going to board.

The "left" signal is just a preamp and effects. The "right" signal is amp/ir - This works fine and I can now choose to have either standard amp/pedal setup or straight to board or both, just plug and play at any venue/or at practise.

But... as I try to dialing in the best tone I can have for my "board" sound I would like to do this with headphones. ( I cant do this in a 5 min soundcheck)....the problem here is that this gives me the same split sound. I would like to only hear the board sound in stereo or at least mono/mono in my headphones.... anyone else doing this or am I attacking this the wrong way ?
(I have not messed with snapshot mode yet.. I just cant understand that consept :-/ - I have 3 buttons, clean, rythm, lead and still feel like I am tap dancing.)

Best regards

Jørgen

8 hours ago, yawroN said:

Hi, I have set up my stomp to split the signal out so I have panned "left" mono signal out going directly to my amp clean channel and panned "right" mono signal going to board.

The "left" signal is just a preamp and effects. The "right" signal is amp/ir - This works fine and I can now choose to have either standard amp/pedal setup or straight to board or both, just plug and play at any venue/or at practise.

But... as I try to dialing in the best tone I can have for my "board" sound I would like to do this with headphones. ( I cant do this in a 5 min soundcheck)....the problem here is that this gives me the same split sound. I would like to only hear the board sound in stereo or at least mono/mono in my headphones.... anyone else doing this or am I attacking this the wrong way ?
(I have not messed with snapshot mode yet.. I just cant understand that consept :-/ - I have 3 buttons, clean, rythm, lead and still feel like I am tap dancing.)

Best regards

Jørgen

What are the outputs you are using? Do both of yours go out the left/right main outputs?  Headphones can either monitor ALL of the left/right mains, or ALL of the left/right send. So if you have both signals going out the left/right mains you're going to hear both signals in a pair of headphones and there is no way around that at the moment other than perhaps killing one of the paths temporarily while you're tuning the other (the feasibility of that would depend on what your signal path looks like). 

As for snapshots - try it. In my opinion the absolute best way to use the Stomp to its fullest and nuke that tap dancing feeling.