Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2 delay settings on same tone bank

wobrien54

Does anybody know how to set up two different delays on the same tone, When I try to do it it only moves the original one to another place, for instance if it’s already set up for delay on F1, when I choose a second delay I would like to put it on F2 and keep the original one in tact on F1, but it won’t let me do that, I know there’s a way of doing it, I just don’t know what it is? When I try to do it it only moves the original one to another place, for instance if it’s already set up for delay on F1, when I choose a second delay I would like to put it on F2 and keep the original one in tact on F1, but it won’t let me do that, I know there’s a way of doing it, I just don’t know what it is...

I believe that the app allows you to change the Type of some FX blocks (Delay, Chorus, ...). To do so select the FX block. Where you see the list of models available within that FX Type you should also see an option in the top left area of that panel that will allow you to navigate 'up' a level and select a different Type

29 minutes ago, silverhead said:

I believe that the app allows you to change the Type of some FX blocks (Delay, Chorus, ...). To do so select the FX block. Where you see the list of models available within that FX Type you should also see an option in the top left area of that panel that will allow you to navigate 'up' a level and select a different Type

What silverhead said above. You have to sacrifice one of your other blocks to also become a delay block. 

Hey guys, I do not have an option page up in the left-hand side when in the fx models, any other ideas?

If you look at the picture I uploaded you’ll see they have 2 stomp boxes, ultimately that is what I’m trying to do, maybe put a delay but then a more extreme delay in the same tone, with The option of clicking them on and off via F1 thru F5

C4E79BA6-2F2B-4A5C-A04D-14E366ECD9D0.jpeg

Select the ‘flex’ FX block whose type you want to change. In the display area above the parameters you will see a coloured icon representing the type of FX selected (blue for Mod, green for delay, etc.). In the screen image you posted it is immediately left of the word Stomp. Click on this icon and the display should change to show the word Type. Click on that.

Thank you for hanging in there with me Silverhead,  I do everything that you described above, the problem is when I go to put it in F1, F2,F3...etc.  (so I can have multiple delays to turn on or off within the same tone), instead of keeping the delay I already have and letting me add another one it just replaces the one that’s already set up and moves it to the location I determine:F1,F2,F3...

I’ll use the downloaded photo as an example, I’m talking about delays, however , this example shows stomp boxes if you notice there are two stomp boxes next to each other,  that is what I’m trying to do only with delays, although once I figure it out I’m sure I will add multiple stomp boxes to one tone... again thanks for hanging in there!

You can't have two delays AND two drives and dynamics. It's either one drive and dynamics and two delays or two drives and dynamics and one delay.

The exception is there's an old preset you can download that will nuke the FX block and give you an additional choice for effects choices. You could try that path.

I don't know the preset but it's mentioned in one of the recent posts.

Thanks guys, I finally got it, I realize now that I can only change 3 boxes within the chain, however I can have either 3 drives, 3 mods, 3 delays or 3 synths or a combination of any of them that equal 3 in the same chain, I also see I can’t change the compressor, reverb, wah, equalizer, looper or effects loop to anything other than what they are, I wasn’t pulling the trigger on the last step, which was simply choosing one of the “pedals”,

thanks again!