Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FBV ExpII Tuner

Tell me how to turn on the tuner. The instructions say hold any button for 2 seconds. Nothing happens to me.

I checked the following options

- replacing the usb cable

- changing the usb 3 port to version 2

- reinstalling the driver

- replacing the firmware

- calibration

-the previous owner said hold 2 buttons. I tried 2,3,4 + switch expression pedals in different combinations

My OS - Windows 10

The display and LEDs are operational (I somehow calibrated the pedal.), the buttons work (test in app), the expression pedal and its switch are also working(test in app). How to enable this crap tuner ??? Checked in DAW and different standalone applications, and without plug-in. Everything works except tuner and tap tempo. PLS HELP

4 minutes ago, fflbrgst said:

The tuner is not in the FBV - it is in the amp which it is connected to (Spider amp).  It sounds like you are plugging into a computer (USB), so there would be no tuner function.

Yes, I had this thought, but the previous owner said that he worked for him even when connected to a PC. The user manual does not answer this question. In fact, when connected to a PC via USB, there will be too much delay in the signal. And maybe the previous owner was mistaken or forgot how it really works. Or maybe he sold me a faulty device, although my tests showed that everything else works without problems.

I wrote to tech support, and waiting for an answer. As they answer, I will copy the answer to this topic.

The previous owner was incorrect.   The FBV has no built-in apps, its just a switchbox-controller.   The USB connection is for use with software such as Spider Edit and as a MIDI controller, it does not process audio (in fact there is no place to plug a guitar into it, and audio is not sent to it via USB).  The manual does not answer the question because it is not a feature of the FBV - the tuner is a feature in the Spider amp connected to it.

On 9/4/2019 at 7:50 PM, fflbrgst said:

The previous owner was incorrect.   The FBV has no built-in apps, its just a switchbox-controller.   The USB connection is for use with software such as Spider Edit and as a MIDI controller, it does not process audio (in fact there is no place to plug a guitar into it, and audio is not sent to it via USB).  The manual does not answer the question because it is not a feature of the FBV - the tuner is a feature in the Spider amp connected to it.

I originally assumed so. And it’s bad that the documentation does not give a definite answer. I think in the first days of the sale, the technical support service was inundated with similar questions. Like - what the hell, I bought a device in which there is a tuner, but the tuner does not work! Moreover, I can assume that it is not such a big problem to transmit tuner data taken from any standalone plug-in  via the usb interface ... the usb interface will definitely not explode from such a load. Volumes of data transmitted from webcams connected to usb are several times larger ))) And since the instruction allows an incorrect understanding ... Yes, I read the instructions before use, not after)))

In any case, thanks, I received answers from several independent sources and I can safely complete the purchase.

The FBV MkII is quite a few years old now, I'm sure that during the original design stage, the engineers never conceived that someone would want to use the device that way - it was designed for use with the Spider amps (as the Mk 1 design was) PLUS computer communication for the Spider Edit software AND MIDI control.