Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No Pod X For Me I Wil Try This

MIKEY9966

so I did not want to buy the pod x for 20% more dsp and a fancy foot switch, most times I don't need extra dsp but some times, any way I bought a zack wydle wah and I must say this wah kick lollipop on the pod wahs, now I want to add one more pedal, any suggestions, I don't run the 4 cable method, and have some great tones, I was thinking a eq pedal but I have look a pro set ups and none of them have a eq Maybe because the have a sound man? Should I get a eq to put out front of the pod?

Or what about a distortion pedal black star has some good ones, a volume pedal I will get that's a easy pick and there you have it I am saving more then 20 % dsp and will be the first in line when your line 6 or yamaha come out with I new model I am guessing in 2015; so any suggestions on what pedal to put out front thank your taking the time to read, rock on

the distortion pedals in the Pod seem to be the ones that get the most complaints so, assuming you also dont like them, I'd say get a good one of those...the other stuff seems really good to me. then again I like the wah's too now that I know to back off the mix a little.

Once you break the mold and get hardware pedals etc you must now sell your HD!

LOLOL only kidding1

or am I.

You have the gear bug or Gear Aquisition Syndrome GAS. You got GAS.

Just get pedals you like, join a guitarist forum or guitar gear forum.

As you don't use 4CM you can put yur new pedals in front of your Amps pre amp and put the the POD HD on the lowly task as multi FX in your Amps FX send return.

Sell your hardware pedals and become "one of us,  ONE OF US,  ONE OF US!'

• Upvote 1

Don't get me wrong I love the pod its very good, the zack wydle wah it much better then any wah on the pod and I can use the expression pedal for other things, adding a volume pedal is a no brainer, and no fx loop, all this save over 20 dsp and works better, sounds better. And yes I do have gas for some years know way to many guitars and amps etc, I am wait of the new pod to come out I am think 2015, so I will do what ever sounds the best, the blackstar pedals are great, but if I do this it will be hard to do duel amp because both amp will have the same distortion, so I don't think it will work, I think what I have done is enough, just away looking for something better then gsp yes I have it bad

You could buy 2 of these and put one before the POD and the other in its FX loop

essentially adding 12 extra simultaneous FX to the POD with just 2 pedals!

http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/ms-100bt

Their distortion algorithms are pretty damn sweet too.

Personally, I was thinking of getting a POD HD Pro X and put

the POD HD Pro in its fx loop. Hmm I wonder what I could

put in the POD HD Pro's fx loop after that... I know !

Another POD HD Pro with an fx loop !

Think I may have GAS aswell.

*coughs*  

so I did not want to buy the pod x for 20% more dsp and a fancy foot switch, most times I don't need extra dsp but some times, any way I bought a zack wydle wah and I must say this wah kick lollipop on the pod wahs, now I want to add one more pedal, any suggestions, I don't run the 4 cable method, and have some great tones, I was thinking a eq pedal but I have look a pro set ups and none of them have a eq Maybe because the have a sound man? Should I get a eq to put out front of the pod?

Or what about a distortion pedal black star has some good ones, a volume pedal I will get that's a easy pick and there you have it I am saving more then 20 % dsp and will be the first in line when your line 6 or yamaha come out with I new model I am guessing in 2015; so any suggestions on what pedal to put out front thank your taking the time to read, rock on

I run an Eventide H9 in the loop of the HD PRO X. Sounds amazing and adds a lot of flexibility with dual amp setups as far as DSP usage is concerned. They just announces a new H9 model for NAMM that is cheaper then the current model. 

now I want to add one more pedal, any suggestions?

Yes. Get a Keeley 4-knob compressor pedal. Best investment you'll ever make in an analog pedal! Seriously. I had the X3L previously, currently use the HD500, and I still like to put the Keeley in the mix, either up front or I've also tried the FX loop.

In terms of using with a tube amp, it works wonders in the FX loop. Use the "level" control as a master speaker volume. With enough comp dialed in, when you roll back your guitar volume, instead of less volume, you get more clean. As you roll up the guitar volume, more saturation.

Allows you to turn your amp up to 5 or 6, when normally you cannot go past 1 or 2. Use the other three knobs - "clipping" to to dial in the correct input, "Attack" for the speed of compression effect, and "sustain" for compression amount.

Seriously awesome tone awaits.

https://robertkeeley.com/products/compressor/4-knob-compressor/

post-1188905-0-15122200-1390491430_thumb.jpg

post-1188905-0-15555200-1390491453_thumb.jpg