Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Another "BOOT FAILURE.ENTERED UPDATE MODE!" thread

Galtero

Hello guys! i've just downloaded the latest firmware version (2.81) and almost at the first half of the upgrading process the " Boot failure bla bla bla" message. 

Now..

- i've downloaded the latest 2.81HX Editor version: NOTHING

- I've downloaded all the drivers NOTHING

- I've tryied the Hard reset (9-10 when off) : Nothing

- I've tried to change the USB ports : NOthing.

Just stuck...

what more could i do? Trow the Helix through the window???

Thanks to all :)

Have you tried FS 6+12, reinstall HX Edit2.81(drivers are included) ?

...if nothing helps, maybe you have the option to start the update from annother computer

" If your Helix ends up in a bad state due to a failed firmware update, first perform a factory reset by holding footswitches 9+10 (Helix/LT) or encoders 5+6 (Rack) during boot up. Then reboot and enter update mode by holding down footswitches 6+12 (Helix/LT) or encoders 1+6 (Rack) Make sure to try this out on multiple computers in case of poor USB connections."(by Line6Will)

> post of "codamedia" & "datacommando"

" Trow the Helix through the window??? " - That could also eliminate the update problem ;)

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Galtero said:

Now..

- i've downloaded the latest 2.81HX Editor version: NOTHING

- I've downloaded all the drivers NOTHING

- I've tryied the Hard reset (9-10 when off) : Nothing

- I've tried to change the USB ports : NOthing.

Just stuck...

Hi,

Another thread - Another TLDR incident.

Another person seeking help without stating important things like what computer and operating system are being used. It’s only because you mention throwing the Helix through the window that we know what hardware you are having the problem with. Most helpful - welcome to the Helix psychic help line.

The update routine is 

1. Backup your existing presets
  2. Turn off or disconnect your Helix. Download and install HX Edit v2.81 - YOU MUST DO THIS BEFORE UPDATING YOUR FIRMWARE! This also installs the latest drivers and Line 6 Updater.
  3. Connect your Helix via USB (no hub) and turn the power on. Run the Line 6 Updater and install the correct firmware. Helix begins updating. As wholly expected, because we warned you... because you always read the instructions... halfway through the update process, Line 6 Updater displays a second dialog and Helix's LCD reads "Boot Failure. Entered Update Mode!" THIS IS NORMAL. Breathe deep, everything is fine. You're almost there. Click O.K. When finished, Helix restarts automatically and begins rebuilding your presets. Let it finish.

If all this fails then you can always revert to a previous firmware which is known to work - or throw your Helix out of a window, which possibly may kill anyone passing by and not really cause much damage to the black box. It’s built like a tank.

Looks to me like a case of not bothering to read the release notes/installation instructions, which are posted here and been available for anyone to read since mid June!

Hope this helps/makes sense

12 hours ago, datacommando said:

Looks to me like a case of not bothering to read the release notes/installation instructions, which are posted here and been available for anyone to read since mid June!

Read? Read???? I don need to stinkin READ!!! 

• Haha 1