Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix + Powercab 112 plus AES + PC setup

Kedhrin

Hello,

I'm having a really difficult time finding information about my setup issues. Maybe i just don't know the proper lingo. I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I have my helix floor model hooked up to my powercab 112 plus through AES cable (i got one on amazon). 

I'm getting audio out, using digital out on the helix

None of the controls for the powercab plus are working on the helix (in the output options of the digital out where you can set to use remote, mod, and speaker setup type). Has anyone had success using an AES cable and controlling the cabs of the powercab 112 plus? 

thank you

13 hours ago, Kedhrin said:

None of the controls for the powercab plus are working on the helix (in the output options of the digital out where you can set to use remote, mod, and speaker setup type). Has anyone had success using an AES cable and controlling the cabs of the powercab 112 plus? 

I'm using L6 Link with a regular AES/EBU cable to control my Powercab 112+ via my Helix, and not experiencing any issues.

Someone has already asked if you've updated your Powercab firmware, though it should be 2.00.1 not 2.8x as that's the Helix firmware revision number, but if you have what is the issue you are having?

You should be aware that when you do make changes via L6 Link, the only change that you can see on the Powercab display is the addition of the word "edited" and the ring led may change colour.

Hey everyone

Thank you for pointing this out. 

So, apparently this is partially on Line 6 - i also have a ticket open and will inform them there but just in case anyone else has this problem.

If you are on Windows 8, which I have to be for my DAW machine because its a laptop with an nVidia 980M on it that wont let me upgrade to Windows 10 for some reason... even though theres a sticker on it saying 'Plays well with Windows 10' - do not choose windows 8 when looking for sofware/drivers/firmware/etc. on line 6 website.

Don't use Line6 updater either to look for it, because it won't show you it there either.

If you download the firmware 2.00+ as noted above, regardless of OS, you can manually install the flash update with line6 updater - after that, everything works perfect.

So, no idea why they didn't put windows 8 there.... or filter it out for line 6 update tool.... 

thanks again for the help!