Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 150 / 75 or TT? Wha should I get?

rodtod423

Originally I was going to sell a few things and get a Deluxe Reverb, then realized, I'd never play through it!  I currently have a Pocket Pod and 99.9 percent of the time, I play through it.   I don't play out anymore, no band, just me a backing track and the pocket pod.  I was thinking , there must be an upgrade from the pocket pod, which is pretty good, but it would be great to get something I could do the same with. In other words, play with a backing track, via headphones BUT as an upgrade , be able to play the same through the amp and the same quality of sound I get from my headphones.  So, is that one of the Amplifi Amps?  Is that something I could do with the TT and a good speaker set or other speaker ( Bose Acoustic Wave I have )  And FINALLY.....what about the quality of the Amplifi 150?  I don't like what I am reading on this forum about that amp!    Anyway, suggestions are greatly appreciated! 

If you're finished 'playing out' and are going to be playing primarily in your basement or room, consider the Amplifi 30. Really! It's surprisingly loud and it sounds pretty darned good, IMO. It's also pretty easy to adapt it to battery power, so it'd be suitable for playing in the park, where there's no AC power.

I have 30, a 150 and the FX100, and find the 30 the most useful. I also use backing tracks from karaoke-version.com and some I've made myself. It works fine for the occasional open mic show and I can carry the entire setup in an Igloo cooler

• 1 year later...

Unfortunatly ALL owners of any Amplifi were deliberately screwed by Line 6. Tens of thousands have been ripped of succesfully by Line 6 because they sell a product THAT HAS NEVER WORKED PROPERLY FROM THE START!  Since day one it has been clearly documented by MILLIONS that Amplifi 150 and all other Line 6 products have a MAJOR blue tooth conectivity problem with both the Android and IOS versions of the Amplifi app. Like me if you own any Line 6 product you have a usless paperweight. If you are thinking about purchasing an Amplifi YOU KNOW UP FRONT THAT IT WILL NEVER WORK! BEST ADVICE STAY AWAY FROM EVERYTHING LINE 6 AND DON'T LOOK BACK!

I tried both side-by-side in the quiet "acoustic guitar" room at my local GC.  I used the same guitar (Strat), same settings on the guitar, same patches in the amp. The 150 was noticeably more present and fuller sounding.  Since I need this amp for gigs, I chose the 150.  I loved the size and weight of the 75 and REALLY wanted it to work, but for gigs, I think the 150s the best choice.  I'll gig with it tonight and let you know how it works.

mybalancenow.com

Good luck, especially if it's not running the latest firmware and you decide to update it. These have a nasty habit of failing firmware updates and turning into boat-anchors. Of course, Line 6 will always be willing to fix it for ya. If it's under warranty, maybe even at no cost.

Just hope that you don't have to send it all the way across the country - - they don't cover that. Cost me over $100 to have it fixed for 'free'. 

You should consider these 'abandon-ware'. There may be some 'new' unsold units sitting in stores, but Line 6 turned their backs on us with this series several years ago. Make sure that you have a backup amp...