Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume falls down when ''Sag'' is all the way up

str041117

Hello,

as the tilte says, the volume falls down when ''sag'' in the Amp Parameters is turned all the way up. As soon as I start playing the volume lowers itself a little. It's really like a slow compressor. 

I played with the signal chain around and nothing really helps. May that be the because of the DSP-Limit? I also can't change any of the Amp/Cab settings, because of that mix i'm working on right now.

Maybe some general POD settings that could be tweaked?

Yes, "Sag" in an amplifier occurs when the power supply/bias drops as the signal gets big. That is, the supply isn't stiff enough or powerful enough to support large signals. Thus, as you play harder, the input signal gets bigger, but available output power goes down, and volume will go down. When set just right, it makes the amp very "lively" allowing you to play the amp as much as playing the guitar. It's great when you hold a chord and the output "blooms" as the input signal drops, allowing the amp to supply more gain and the output signal actually gets louder dor a while. What you're experiencing is expected.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1