Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELP! Brand New User to Line 6 Helix LT | Can't Update

justinderymusic

I'm sure some will grown....but I cannot update my new Helix LT from 2.30 to 2.81. 

Mac User: Mojave 

I installed Helix Edit and opened Line 6 Updater and began update. Seeing as I was starting from scratch, I didn't need backups. 

However, the update keeps Failing. I can't figure this out. Please help this newbie. And yes, I've read the instructions about a dozen times...can't see what I'm missing. 

2 hours ago, DunedinDragon said:

I think you'll have to be more explicit about "the update keeps failing".  What exactly happens?

Same old story, I think ;)

Sorry "justinderymusic", but this "2.8 update problem" topic has been discussed maaaaany times here in the forum.

(You are a new user, so be forgiven. :)

https://line6.com/support/topic/50685-cant-update-281/

8 hours ago, justinderymusic said:

Please help this newbie. And yes, I've read the instructions about a dozen times...can't see what I'm missing. 

Hi,

If you think that some people will groan when they read your cry for help, you would be correct. Especially me. Ohhhhhhh!

One big thing here though - you’re using a Mac. Out of the many hundreds of screams for assistance, most are from Windows users because during the “Brain Transplant” to the new Core there is a glitch were the drivers get screwed up and need to be reinstalled.

I don’t immediately recall this with a Mac, and as mentioned by “DunedinDragon” above, a step by step break down of what is occurring may help us to help you sort this out. And when I say “step by step”, I mean forensically. For example if someone asks how you got to work today, you could simply say that you got in the car and drove. That’s too vague. You need to say that you woke up, washed, made breakfast, got dressed, picked up the car key, left the house locked the door, etc. You get the picture - the more info we have the better it is for you.

Hope this makes sense.

1 hour ago, datacommando said:

Possibly not with this one, Peter. The guy is using a Mac so no driver issues like the Windows crew. ;-)

OK a little different, your right!

Maybe it's the FS6+FS12 thing?

" If your Helix ends up in a bad state due to a failed firmware update, first perform a factory reset by holding footswitches 9+10 (Helix/LT) or encoders 5+6 (Rack) during boot up. Then reboot and enter update mode by holding down footswitches 6+12 (Helix/LT) or encoders 1+6 (Rack) Make sure to try this out on multiple computers in case of poor USB connections."(by Line6Will)

or maybe it is a mac driver issue???

hel.jpg

3 hours ago, Peter said:

or maybe it is a mac driver issue???

Shouldn’t rule anything out until we get some more feedback.

Having said that, Mac OS is based on UNIX and the drivers used would be Kernel Extension (KEXT) files in the System folder and it’s quite a bit different from MS Windows.

It maybe that a simple reset will kick start the thing.