Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Downloading Software

Hello, I wanted to ask, that if i buy a line 6 ux8 interface from some one and they can't find there podfarm platinum software or gearbox software, would i be able to download the full pod farm plug in, or would i have too have the disk to get it. i want to register it to my name and see since it's registered to me if i could just download the pod farm plugin complete..

• 6 months later...

Hi!

I have that problem. I'm trying to migrate to a new computer. Downloaded Pod Farm and it works as a stand-alone, but not from inside my DAW. Just saying that my UX8 is not connected. I did get an upgrade with more gear but I just have the standard version as well.

Happy for any input!

Regards,
Martin

Thanks for reply!

Unfortunately it is not that easy. My UX8 i installed and pad farm/ gear box works fine as stand-alone (not platinum, but the standard) and for playback all kinds of sounds including DAW. I have reinstalled the drivers. I triy to use 1.x of pod farm.

Problems:

1. I cannot use pod farm / gear box inside my DAW. Stating the the device is not connected, which it of course is.

2. I cannot use the Line6 Monkey. It just says "choose which Product you like to configure" and the only choice is PodXT.

3. I cannot upgrade to platinum

So that is the Picture so far! :-)

uninstall everything you have so far... go here: http://line6.com/software/

get the drivers standalone package FIRST.... (install, maybe reboot, change usb ports for good measure)

then go back, get monkey.. if monkey can see the UX8, then get pod farm, gearbox, etc...

then go to the license manager and authorize the UX8 (you will need to login to your L6 account)

thats what i would try.

Hi! Got an older version of the monkey and got it to work! Great! Thanks. Only one peculiar thing remains and it is when i try to start pod farm 2. It states that it is no authorized and then i authorize and it works. I have todo this every time i start the plug. It is a minor problem but im happy for now. Thanks!