Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need help with stereo hookup please

CroalDarksoul

I am trying to connect my HX Effects to a new Roland JC-22. It has stereo front inputs and a stereo effects loop. I have tried the 4 cable method but I do not get stereo effects. I have also tried the 7 cable method substituting the JC22s stereo input and stereo fix loop for what would be the 2nd amp in 7 cable method. Neither of these worked properly for a stereo amp. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have searched everywhere but have found no answer concerning this particular situation.

16 hours ago, CroalDarksoul said:

I am trying to connect my HX Effects to a new Roland JC-22. It has stereo front inputs and a stereo effects loop. I have tried the 4 cable method but I do not get stereo effects. I have also tried the 7 cable method substituting the JC22s stereo input and stereo fix loop for what would be the 2nd amp in 7 cable method. Neither of these worked properly for a stereo amp. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have searched everywhere but have found no answer concerning this particular situation.

This post might get you pointed in the right direction.......

12 hours ago, CroalDarksoul said:

Thanks lungho. I saw that thread in my search but I don’t think that guy really knows either. He seems to be asking if those are the proper connections himself. 

Did you read the entire thread?  It appears he got it sorted out due to another user's recommendations.  

If you did read the thread and it didn't resolve your problem, maybe someone else will chime in after the weekend.  

3 hours ago, lungho said:

If you did read the thread and it didn't resolve your problem, maybe someone else will chime in after the weekend.

I looked at that thread and it looks to me like "VirtualGuitars" had supplied the info the OP needed to fix the problem.

He even added an extra suggestion for using the built in chorus and reverb by using a TRS cable!

I tried the above. When I used a 4CM preset, I lost use control of my tone knobs. With the above setup if I used a regular (non 4CM) preset I lost control of my amps volume knob. I don’t know if my HX Effects is bad or what. I’ve just about given up on this thing. It doesn’t seem to do anything well to be honest. 90% of the effects are cheesy and sub par compared to the actual effects it emulates. Was hoping this would be something that would be easier than lugging a big pedal board around but it’s much more trouble than it’s worth. I bought this thing new from Sweetwater. It’s been used lightly probably 3 times. I’m going to sell it and move on. It’s just not worth the hassle to me.

Thanks for your help. I do appreciate the advice that was given. If you know anyone that wants a brand new HX Effects at a good price let me know.