Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using a looper pedal

drmproctor

Since the Spider V series of amps does not have FX return inputs on the amplifier, I'm not sure that this is a configuration that can work. 

I'd tried to think of a method where you could connect the headphone output to the looper pedal and have the return to the AUX connection, but using a splitter with headphone output so you can also hear it would likely not work.

The other method is tech heavy in that you send the USB output to a PC/Mac that is running a software capable of providing the looper functionality, but then you don't use the looper pedal.     

1. Sell the looper pedal and Spider V 30 and upgrade to a FBV 3 and Spider V 60 (or higher) combo.  The V 60 or higher models have a looper built-in that is controlled by either the button on the front of the amp or the Function 1 button on the FBV 3 controller.    Really nice setup, I have the V 120 with FBV 3 and am quite happy.

2. Sell the Spider V 30 and pickup an amplifier that has FX return to allow you to use that external looper pedal.     This is where the cost goes up if you still want full modeling capabilities.    Firehawk 1500 perhaps? https://line6.com/firehawk/firehawk-1500

Hmmm.  I use a DigiTech Trio+ which isn't just a looper pedal but has a looper function.  I just go from guitar to Trio to Amp and it works fine.  If I want the bass and drum beats that are available with that unit to not go through the amp I can run it separately through desk monitors.  I'm not sure why a looper wouldn't work that way.

3 hours ago, darylb said:

Hmmm.  I use a DigiTech Trio+ which isn't just a looper pedal but has a looper function.  I just go from guitar to Trio to Amp and it works fine.  If I want the bass and drum beats that are available with that unit to not go through the amp I can run it separately through desk monitors.  I'm not sure why a looper wouldn't work that way.

It can totally work that way. Like all things, it just depends on the goal. If you put it prior to the amp, the looper can't have any of the effects applied to it from the Spider V. If you don't want that, then it's no big deal. 

As for the OP, I'm not sure why they can't get their looper pedal to work. It's hard to know what they tried. For all we know, the pedal is broken.  

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2019 at 11:21 PM, Kilrahi said:

It can totally work that way. Like all things, it just depends on the goal. If you put it prior to the amp, the looper can't have any of the effects applied to it from the Spider V. If you don't want that, then it's no big deal. 

As for the OP, I'm not sure why they can't get their looper pedal to work. It's hard to know what they tried. For all we know, the pedal is broken.  

Or the Patch cable is no good..

I neve use cheap cables anymore, if they fail there are 2 possibilities :

1) Jus no connection due to bad soldering of the plug's, no harm done, just no sound coming through..

2) Short cirquit, can ruin your amplifier...

Th advantages of good cables are often underestimated , i think..