Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FCB1010 sysex

rd2rk

Attached are sysex files for the stock FCB1010 (native.syx) and FCB1010 with UNO (native.lgp).

The native.syx file can be installed on the stock chip using the free editors. The free editors can also be used IF you have an UNO chip version prior to v1.0.2f.  

UNO versions from v1.0.2f don't work reliably with the free editors, and require UNO_ControlCenter and the native.lgp file.

Bank 00 controls Snapshots, Bank 01 controls Bypass. Banks 02-10 call Presets.

Be aware that at present, the only DAW that L6 has tested Native MIDI control in with full success is Logic.

I've tested it with Reaper, LIVE and Cakewalk. Bypass, Snapshots and Expression Pedals work fine, but Native will not yet change presets in those DAWs.

I've got a ticket open on that.

Native.lgp

Native.syx

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, chasingMango said:

I was thinking about purchasing a FCB1010... if I install these files onto a board, what further setup is required?  I'm running Native through Cubase 10... does the DAW make a difference?

Typically, to use MIDI in a DAW you first create a MIDI track to bring in the MIDI from the FCB, then point the MIDI track's output at the track with NATIVE on it (or directly at the NATIVE instance itself, varies with the DAW. The MIDI track may or may not need to be Record Activated and/or have Monitoring set ON).

At present, preset changes in NATIVE via MIDI can only be done if you're using AAX/AU type plugins. AFAIK, that means ProTools or Logic. I'm on a PC (not MAC) and only have ProTools First, which doesn't allow 3rd party plugins. I can say for sure that it doesn't work with the VST version of NATIVE, as tested in Reaper, Ableton LIVE and Cakewalk.

Bypass, Expression Pedals and Snapshot changes all work fine with the VST version in those DAWs, and should work fine in Cubase.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have a question for rd2rk:

I've downloaded your .syx  (thx!) to use with my fcb1010 ( stock 2.4 ). The steps to have it working  in Logic Pro X are the one above, that is the midi track routed to the audio track?

Thanks a lot

1 hour ago, ghino said:

Hi, I have a question for rd2rk:

I've downloaded your .syx  (thx!) to use with my fcb1010 ( stock 2.4 ). The steps to have it working  in Logic Pro X are the one above, that is the midi track routed to the audio track?

Thanks a lot

As mentioned, I'm a PC guy so I don't have Logic. Or maybe I have more Logic (just kidding!).

In Most DAWs you load your VST on an Audio track, then use a MIDI track to bring in the MIDI from whatever interface you're using and set the output to whatever the Audio track is called, or to the VST itself, depending on the DAW. Typically the MIDI track has to be Record Enabled (ARMED) with the Track Monitor/Input Echo button ON.

If that's not working for you, you may have to find someone who knows Logic.

Since you deleted this post:

Hi rd2rk!

I'm having issues with the file you've uploaded: i tried on a mac and on windows, and when I save the syx. into the fcb it won't work, ( even if the fcb lights blinks when the syx is uploaded ) and I've noticed it's because the syx file won't change the settings, preset or anything else. Maybe is an issue of my own fcb, but can I ask you to please reupload the file? I'm on stock 2.4.1 firmware .

Thanks a lot

I assume that you figured out how to load and save the sysex?

Hi rd2rk!

I don't know why the post has been deleted, maybe is some strange smartphone issues! Anyway I've partially figured out the problem: on windows it went ok, syx loaded into the fcb, so the issue is with the macbook. Even after this the fcb won't command any parameter in Helix Native. I'll try tonorrow on windows. Thanks anyway

You need to use a MIDI Monitor to prove what exactly is in the FCB.

What editor are you using? If you're using the UNO_ControlCenter Editor (runs on MAC and PC, works with UNO OR stock chip) you can use the .lgp sysex, and it (ControlCenter) has a built-in MIDI Monitor that displays in Decimal (not hex like the Ed Dixon/Mtn Editor).

I used fcb1010 manager, but it seem working bad on the macbook. On windows i had no problem. Tomorrow I'll try again and see if the board works on windows. In that case it would be some settings issue on the mac. I'll let you know. Thanks :)

Ok, I figured out that the problem was the syx file: I don't know why it was empty! Redownloaded and was ok! But I'm half way: 

in Logic I set a midi track with an instance of Native and the pedalboard here works great! I set up an audio track with another instance of Native ( audio1)  and sidechained the midi track to the audio1: this way the pedalboard won't change anything on the audiotrack, snapshot, bypass, nothing. Probably I'm doing something wrong!

UPDATE: On the audio track, if I right click a block, select controller assign and select a knob, then go to logic settings, control surfaces, controller assignment and step on a fcb1010 switch, it will work! This way, like on the real Helix machine, yoi have to assign the block byoass for each patch. The same way you have to program the snapshot in every patch. Snapshot from the syx file work on the midi track, the procedure i wrote works on the audio track in realtime. Probably the correct way is in between! I'll keep trying and let you know