Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Monitor Fxs Not Saved In Setup

One reason for this design with setups and scenes was that scenes can be changed during a song and there is no audio disruption. Since the setup also recalls the dsp types, trims and input patch it disrupts the audio shortly. You can just use setups. A setup contains the scenes and recalling a setup will also recall the scene that was last used.

One reason for this design with setups and scenes was that scenes can be changed during a song and there is no audio disruption. Since the setup also recalls the dsp types, trims and input patch it disrupts the audio shortly. You can just use setups. A setup contains the scenes and recalling a setup will also recall the scene that was last used.

That came to mind, but I thought there was a disruption in the sound momentarily with a scene change too. Good to know.

I still thinks some things could be separated, but if understand that many would like it as it is. And if I sat and brainstormed it, I could think of reasons to leave it as it is. Reasons come to me as I type this, as well as reasons why it shouldn't be an issue any away. Could Eden save the set up with no effects or EQ if desired. See? I am convincing myself right now....I have these kind of debates all the time!

• Upvote 1

A setup contains the scenes and recalling a setup will also recall the scene that was last used.

No and this is the point of the thread.  Monitor levels are not recalled but setups.

Also I don't see why you would need to change a scene during a song...  That seems to me quite secondary compared to the advantage of having a single action to do to save/recall ALL the parameters.

I agree with tochiro, to a point.  Being that you can have two different save options, why not just update the firmware to make it have three save options? 

A "SAVE ALL AS" type button would be beneficial in the expectation that when you recall a "SAVE ALL AS" file it will set the mixer to ALL of the parameters that you last heard in both the monitors, channel strip and front of house.  From there you tweak, and "SAVE ALL AS" again under a different file name, say for a different venue.  This was basically what I was expecting when I bought the mixer.  Our band has no use for making Scene changes within the song, although I can see some bands who would benefit. 

I simply want to make an adjustment, save it somewhere and then be able to recall that adjustment the next time I turn on the mixer without having to go through the tweaking process again. 

I am awaiting a tech response, from my last post. When I receive that I will share it.

I spoke with Tech Support on the phone yesterday.  The way Jbrunner explained it, is,  Global FX such as the reverb, delay etc is like an Aux Send on a analog mixer.  Kinda like an effects loop where you would send a signal out and then receive a return signal.  The other effects such as EQ, Compressor, etc.  are channel effects and run in the channel setup.

So... the Global FX is saved under Setup, and the Channel FX are saved under Scene in that you can change the Scene during the song and get different Channel Effects.

So same answer as previous in the save function.  As to why when I saved the last round in Scene and then Setup and lost the reverb we still do not know.  He mentioned to do some tests with a new setup from scratch.  So I will do that Thursday when at practice.  (Probably a single channel to start off with.)

He also mentioned that if I had a setup saved from prior to installing the 1.2 firmware update, this might be a carryover issue.  The fix to this would be to simply setup the mixer again from scratch.  The setup I am using was saved prior to 1.2 firmware update on my machine, and the issues started after I did the firmware update, so this very well might be the issue.

So wish me luck on Thursday.  I'll report back.  I'm really interested in doing the testing.

Jbrunner, please post if I said something incorrect.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

I think this thread has gone in some mixed ways. I was onboard with some issues with monitor sends and FX levels. My issue was, and some issues in this thread, was that when coming back to the board, and powering it up, there were FX, and quite a bit (at the "0db" level) added to the monitor sends which were not part of the scene or set up that was active when the board was powered down,

I discovered that I could, finally, recreate this issue. It was confirmed to me by Arne of line 6, that there is a bug that may set the FX to monitors to the 0db level on a power up cycle. If you load a setup, or a scene, the monitor FX that were saved, do com back as they were. My issue was, that sometimes, because if am using it usually with one band, I would not load my set up or scene as it was the same venue and band, so all was saved. So I did have am issue with reverb, and lots of it, coming through my monitor mix.

If this sounds like the same problem any of you are having, Line6 is now aware of it and working on a fix. But, you can work around this by being sure to load your previous setup, and scene, or, by double checking your FX to monitor settings.

I have had no problems with the monitor FX being saved properly to the setups or scenes, or recalling them. But, again, when powering up the board, there is a bug that adds FX to the monitor sends. Easy to work around now that I am aware of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, no mistaking it now.  Unlike Digital Sound's issue, my issue with the effects loading randomly is different.  Took the unit and played a gig Sunday, brought it back and set up for practice on Thursday.  I had saved the gig under a different setup and scene.  Thursday when we set up for practice, I made sure to load the Practice Setup and Scene I had saved prior to our gig. 

Bottom line, the unit loaded random Reverb on two channels.  An acoustic guitar and the Dobro.

I have done as Tech support has told me to do, and per what Digital Sound has said above.

My problem seemed one solved by being sure to load my last setup, and the scene. The random effects were only loaded if I turned on the board and assumed it had my last scene an setup still in place.

Currently, I have another issue and i have submitted it as apparently it is in the line up to be fixed in an upcoming update. I load a set up, then I create a scene and save it. If I power down the board, the scene is lost when it power back up and load the setup that had the scene in it. The only way for me to permanently save a scene, is to also go back and re save the setup as well. After saving the scene. Anyone else with this problem?

I did reinstall firmware and like I said, line6 is aware and looking into it.

We went a little further with the mixer last practice.  I uploaded a completely new setup using the channel strips we had saved.  So far so good.  We turned it on and off a few times and no latent reverb on channels.  Loading the setup and scene each time.  Cross your fingers.  True test will be on the 11th of May when we gig and then bring it back.  I will have saved this setup with changes under another name, so we will be trying to reload the current setup as practice again.

• 3 weeks later...

Update to the last post.  We played two gigs with the mixer yesterday.  Set it up twice, recalled the setup and scene we wanted.  No errant reverb in channels and the mixer did as expected.  Thanks to Line 6 tech support.  The problem seemed to be retaining an old setup from prior to the firmware update.

Yes me too I have to recall the setup and the scene every time after switching on the M20D to avoid the problem. But it should not be like that.

This is what I have to do as well. Arne said it shouldn't be like that and it will be a fix in the next release. If you have a set up saved, and then create a scene, and save it, and then turn the board off, and then turn the board back on, there will likely be reverb on your aux sends at least. Even if you save the scene with no reverb on the aux sends. And it is pretty high too. But as long as you turn the board on, and then load the setup, and then the scene, you will be good.

Usually this is fine for people who maybe are used to different setups/scenes. But for me, where the band rarely changes, I have times where I would just power up the board and go. Like if we did sound check, saved everything powered down, then showed up for gig and powered up. Reverb on the aux. But fortunately, it is an easy fix. Just an extra step.

Here is something new to try. Create a setup, then a scene. Save the setup and the scene. Then, change your scene around a bit...levels, etc. Save it. With a different name even. Power down the board. Power up. Try to find the last scene you saved. I couldn't. Every time. Reinstalled firmware too. A couple times. The only way I can save my scenes is to save the setup AFTER I have saved the scene. And I must do this every time I change the scene and want to keep it for longer than the current gig.

So load set up, load scene, modify scene, save scene, save setup, and all is good. If I skip the last "save setup" after altering and saving the last scene I was on, the scene is lost on power cycle.

We had a gig yesterday evening and I noticed the problem happens randomly.  I recalled a setup and scene I created at home but this time the Doubler level was very high in the monitors although I'm sure it was at 0 when I saved the scene/setup.  So it seems the 4 FXs have that problem.  Please L6 could you correct the bug quickly now?

Tochiro, 

If you are  carrying over a Setup from prior to updating your system to 1.2 firmware you could have the same problem I was having.  (Random reverb and levels in the mix).

Try starting a new setup and scene from scratch.  (i.e setup a blank stage from the very start.)  I saved each individual channel strip first and named it something unique, then I started a completely new setup and used the channel strips I had just saved to load in.  This way I was able to keep the compression, EQ, Reverb etc for each instrument.  So far so good.  You still have to recall that setup each time you turn it on, but after doing this exercise I haven't had anymore problems.

I just got to reading this whole thread it seems to me that we need some sticky notes on the forum with some basic questions that seem to be recurring information that is undoubtably essential. Maybe needs to be a new FAQ that is a sticky at the top of the form.

I never realized that I had to save a scene before the setup I knew that I had to save them both but never paid much attention to which one I was saving first, that probably explains some of the gigs lately where things seem to have changed but I thought maybe was just me and I did not remember to save before shutting down or something like that...

Also I want to do a +1 on "save all as". Idea I think that would be a good option

Having issue with recording this weekend at a gig but it was outside inside in a truck that has a fold out stage and it was about 90° I thought possibly could be the heat I do have an SDXC card is 64 gig and has been pretty good about recording past several gigs that we have had but just to make sure I have ordered a new SDHC that is 32gig because of some of the other threads about recording.

Also when I cranked up a little louder the system did start to cut out a little bit towards the end of the show, it went from 10 in the morning till 2 in the afternoon we didn't have the cutout problem till around 1 and the board was getting pretty warm it was not in the sun though however turning it back down did seem to stop the cutout problem, we were on one circuit but never kicked a breaker either.

But a sticky FAQ would be a good alternative to having to search through tons of threads for the correct information or answer to question it's about time the old one got updated anyway.

Had the monitor effects levels randomly changing last night. No link enabled, first thing I did was unlink everything (me no like that idea). 

Mid song I lost all my delay on my voice, and with in ear monitors it sounds _very_dry! Then it came back. 

Along with other glitches last night (see my new post), we had a bunch of grief with the M20d. 

I think the M20d has glitches when updating levels, perhaps these things only happen when someone is making mains tweaks?

Or only when poking about on the iPad?

The main volume dial bug is also a pain (have to turn it really slow else the mains levels "go backwards"). Seems like the optical encoder routine is missing counts from that dial. Classic bug..