Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

helix parallel routing

kimyesik

Hi.
I think the limitations of Helix's parallel routing are its drawbacks.
If you need to set multiple effectors in the same position as shown in the picture,
It can be configured in TC G-force or Fractalaudio's fx2 or fx3.
However, helix can have up to two parallel routes, but can not be located in one place.
I wonder if it can be solved through an update.

ddd.thumb.jpg.7a47b76702e3f25bf652ca24f845c3db.jpg

• Upvote 1

Oddly enough, after 3 1/2 years and over 200 presets It hasn't been much of a drawback to me.  In fact, I can't even remember a situation in which I thought I could use such a thing.

However, it does you no good to post it here.  Post it to Ideascale and the users will vote on it.  That's the only place Line6 will look for things to incorporate into future releases.

50 minutes ago, kimyesik said:

I think the limitations of Helix's parallel routing are its drawbacks.

Well, I have been using Helix since Oct 2015 and never regarded anything with the parallel routing as a drawback. As for your diagram, I can’t recall ever needing any patch to be configured like that - maybe that’s just me. 

Anyhow, your best bet is to post this on the Line 6 Ideascale, as suggested by “DunedinDragon” above. 

Link:

https://line6.ideascale.com/

It is actually a very practical request... Having this ability allows you to setup paths very similar to "Aux Sends" on a mixer. Anyone with experience in mixing/engineering knows that keeping certain effects on separate sends has huge benefits. 

One very practical example of this is keeping a reverb and delay on separate "sends" so one is never processing the other.

No need to create a new request at ideascale.... there is already one you can up vote... (adding another just dilutes the voting pool)

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Multiple-Parallel-Paths/860595-23508

... and there are several others that suggest more advanced options in the parallel path that will virtually allow the same thing. 

• Upvote 1