Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX effects, Loadbox and 4CM

DamienGadonna

Hey

Is it possible to configure my rig and use my amp (1959slp) without speaker cab, a HX effects (4CM) and a Loadbox (torpedo captor) ?

In a perfect world i'd love to set up something like this :

guitar=>HX(comp)=>stompboxes(boost,fuzzes)=>HX(modulation,trem)=>amp=>Loadbox=>HX(eq,reverb,delays)=>IR=>P.A or Audio interface

it seems possible but I just can't figure out how to patch it in terms of input/output of each device and in terms of signal path in the HX (where do I insert loop,send/return,IR blocs)

thanks for the help

cheers

4cm:

Guitar -> HX Input -> Any HX FX you want BEFORE your Amp -> FX Loop Block -> HX FX Loop Send -> Amp Input -> Amp FX Loop Send -> HX FX Loop Return

-> Any HX FX you want in the Amp's FX Loop -> HX Left Mono Out -> Amp FX Loop Return -> Amp Speaker Out -> Load Box -> Load Box Thru -> Amp Speaker

-> Load Box Emulated Speaker Out -> FOH/AI

6 hours ago, DamienGadonna said:

Thanks

I don't wanna use any "physical" cabinet.

The torpedo captor has only one speaker simulation (based on a V30 cabinet I think)

How could I use some other cab simulation without buying another piece of gear ?

Is there a way to go back in the HX after the captor in order to use an IR ?

I don't own a HX effects unit but I believe it supports Cabinet IR's (I might be totally wrong here)...but if it does then what you could do is send the line out from the Captor into a separate return and run it through a separate path...so basically this is what you would need to do

Assuming the 4 CM method is used

Step 1: Path 1 --> Dedicated for all effects pre and post loop as described by rd2k above

Step 2: Run the line out from the Captor into a second return (I believe the HX FX has two FX loops) 

Step 3: Path 2 on HX FX --> input from Return 2 --> CAB IR --> Output to FOH.

Hopefully this should work...

31 minutes ago, DamienGadonna said:

Thanks !

On this senario I Believe I have to skip the idea of puting a compressor before my pedals (cause i wanted to patch them into one loop. So one loop for the 4cm and the other for the pedals in order to insert them wherever I want in the path)

No sure why you would need that...if you are using an independent compressor pedal...you would do Guitar --> compressor --> HX FX guitar in. This would then mean that the compressor is applied to both paths...alternatively, if you are using the modeled compressors within the HX you would need to use a separate block...

Actually there might be a simpler approach which should work even with one path...again I can do this in the Helix...I'm assuming this is possible with the HX as well...

Path 1: Guitar in --> compressor --> drive --> gain block -->Modulation --> fx loop --> Delay ---> Reverb --> 1/4 inch out

Now the gain block is just there for you to pull a separate path...if you drag the gain block down you will now be able to create separate path...put your IR in there and then delete the gain block ...output the to send 2...

you will not need to duplicate any of the effects that you place before the FX loop in this case in the separate path...