Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD 500 WINDOWS 10 Driver Problem

rangan

Hello 

I'm having trouble connecting my pod hd 500 to my new laptop. My pod HD 500 works fine on my old laptop. Both of my laptops are running windows 10 64bit. Only difference is my new laptop all usb ports are USB 3.0 . My old laptop does not have a usb 3.0 so don't know if pod hd works on usb3.  I tried installing driver directly using driver software also tried using line 6 monkey.  also tried uninstalling and reinstalling again. any suggestion would be really helpful. Thanks in advance for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Only thing I can think of would be to insure that you have the bios updated and chipset drivers updated...One thing you could look for in the bios is setting for USB...In some BIOS it is possible to change the version of the USB on the bios...if you have more than one root controller, there could be 2 settings. My old Sony is like that as it was a first generation USB3...so I only have one USB3 port...and my HD will crash after about an hour on that port...rock solid on the USB2 port...also Windows 10 64....Although I have had that exact issue since it had Windows 8...long time...However, I do not have connectivity issues...Only that USB3 port with HD will cause BSOD in about an hour.  

• 6 months later...
54 minutes ago, jlong4701 said:

Similar issue here. mine are all USB3. is this win 10 new laptop going to work for my POD HD500X?

IIRC there is a sort of USB3 to USB2 driver downgrade procedure to make the USB3 ports working only as USB2, but I don't remember where I saw it.

Who knows, it might work, if it could be a viable solution for you, try a search for it online.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

This has been my concern from day one.... 

My last rig lasted 30 years (and it still worked when I replaced it). I can only hope that this one remains completely functional just as long. 

But that means we need the accessories (drivers, edit, etc) to also be maintained. 

Otherwise, the product is the equivalent of toilet paper. Use it and throw it away. 

Does Line 6 really want to be thought of as something we wipe your lollipop with... 

• Haha 1

It's not just Line6.  A friend started having issues with his Tascam 1604 audio interface.  It started randomly locking up about 6 months ago.  I told him to see if it was plugged into a USB 3.0 port, which it was.  He switched it to a USB 2.0 port and so far it's working great again.

My understanding is there were some tricks you could with USB 2.0 and audio streaming that weren't exactly supported.  USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with supported programming methods only.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi folks!

I have the same problem now with HD500 on Win 10 - after the drivers' installation is finished, i plug in the USB cable and then the System kicks me away to the blue screen.

Does anybody solved that problem?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Same Problem here.

New Notebook has USB 3.0 and 3.1 only.

Same in the Dockingstation.

Is this Problem solved?

I can install the driver, and when it says to Plug in the Cable of the POD HD500X nothing happens, the device Manager of Windows 10 says Problem with the driver.

14 hours ago, Gomez_dnb said:

Same Problem here.

New Notebook has USB 3.0 and 3.1 only.

Same in the Dockingstation.

Is this Problem solved?

I can install the driver, and when it says to Plug in the Cable of the POD HD500X nothing happens, the device Manager of Windows 10 says Problem with the driver.

If you want to force a 3.0 port to 2.0 mode you need to use a USB 2.0 cable so the new pin is completely lifted...This isn't a not a driver issue as HD is fixed at 2.0 in the hardware. Your interface should detect that and go to 2.0 mode on a 3.0 cable, but that does not always work. You might want to also check for motherboard firmware updates, bios, chipset etc...all plays into the hardware being up to spec since the machine is new...new motherboards always get tweaked post release...

Also check you your bios UEFI to see if it had a mode switch for your USB...Could be called legacy mode...

On 12/19/2021 at 4:13 AM, spaceatl said:

If you want to force a 3.0 port to 2.0 mode you need to use a USB 2.0 cable so the new pin is completely lifted...This isn't a not a driver issue as HD is fixed at 2.0 in the hardware. Your interface should detect that and go to 2.0 mode on a 3.0 cable, but that does not always work. You might want to also check for motherboard firmware updates, bios, chipset etc...all plays into the hardware being up to spec since the machine is new...new motherboards always get tweaked post release...

Also check you your bios UEFI to see if it had a mode switch for your USB...Could be called legacy mode...

I`ve tried all that things.
Now i know much more about my lenovo laptop.
It has only USB 3.2 Ports, 2 x A-shaped and 2 x C-shaped (Thunderbolt)
same in the dockingstation, i know the Port is the Problem, anyone more Ideas?
There are no options in the Bios to switch something.

Anyone more ideas? Perhaps an Adapter from USB- A to C? So the Thunderbolt is more compatible than the USB 3.2 A-shaped Ports?

Think about buying an Quad Cortex....

• 2 months later...