Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk Handling - Delete FX-Tewak-Parameter Assignment / 2 Stomps in front of amp, etc.

Dear Community,

I'm just exploring my new Firehawk and I have a few questions regardig the handling.

Question 1: Turn off the FX-Tweak-Parameter Assignment

There are factory presets on the firehawk where there is an FX-Tweak-Paramter assigned (e.g. Ambient Delay => Assigned to Mix-Parameter). How can I turn off the assignment without assigning another parameter? Hence,  I do not want to reassign another parameter,  I want to delete the current assignment.

BTW: I'm not talking about the assignment of the pedal, but about the FX-Tweak-parameter Assignment itself

Question 2: Two Stomp Effects in Front of the amp

I want to insert 2 stomp effects in front of the amp. I want to have an Overdrive effect in front of the amp which is constantly switched on. An for solos I want to insert an additional effect like a second overdrive or a booster in front of the overdrive, just to boost the complete signal chain. But I do not find a  way to put the second stomp in front of the Overdrive.

If this is not possible: How do you boost for solos? ..... Booster behind the amp? ..... Or a physical pedal in front of the Firehawk? .... Or onyl by volume pedal? ....

Question 3: Remote App - Android version

I'm facing 2 issues with the Android version.

• In the "Sound Editor" (iOS version) there is a button in the upper left corner to create a New Tone. Therewith you can start creating a new sound from the scratch. I'm missing this button in the android version. Did I just miss it or is it not available?
  • Once my Android Tablet is connected to the Firehawk the Bluetooth connection is resilient and fine. But any time I  switch off either the firehawk and/or the remote app I need to pair the Firehawk with my android tablet. I'm working with many bluetooth devices. And all keep the pairing when switched off,  but not the Firehawk. Is this a common issue? If yes,  on both versions,  Android and iOS?

BTW: Which app do you recommend, iOS or Android?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Best Regards

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not an expert, and recently got my own Firehawk, I'll try to respond from experience.

1) I don't know, haven't gone that far in.

2) You can do this in basically 2 ways, 1 is to use one of the FX slots as another drive or boost or whatever. Since there's the normal stompbox slot and 2 FX slots, you can use any of the FX slots to put 2 more drives, or delays or filters or any of those. In this way, you can have up to 3 drives stacked, you can move the FX slots in the signal chain from within the app, and place them anywhere, but not before the WAH. The other way, which I recently saw in another post, is that you can use the FX Loop by connecting both cables from FX Loop send to return. This way you can assign the FX Loop to one of the available pedals, and change the settings on the FX Loop depending on how many dbs you want. Just turning it on from default gives a loud enough boost.

3) On the Android version I haven't seen any New Tone option, you have to start from one of the presets in the board itself, and you can save it to My Tones without having to overwrite any of the existing presets in the board. The last 3 banks (30 31 32) are empty, so you can use those if you want.

As for the Bluetooth, the FH should pair only once and work with no problems as long as you don't turn off the unit or the android device, it will try to reconnect and sync as long as the BT connection is still on if the android device was turned off for a moment. This is actually on the manual.

On 9/12/2019 at 1:48 AM, Duessenberg said:

Question 1: Turn off the FX-Tweak-Parameter Assignment

There are factory presets on the firehawk where there is an FX-Tweak-Paramter assigned (e.g. Ambient Delay => Assigned to Mix-Parameter). How can I turn off the assignment without assigning another parameter? Hence,  I do not want to reassign another parameter,  I want to delete the current assignment.

BTW: I'm not talking about the assignment of the pedal, but about the FX-Tweak-parameter Assignment itself

I don't think you can delete them. You can only reassign them. 

On 9/26/2019 at 10:58 PM, crisdd0302 said:

.....The other way, which I recently saw in another post, is that you can use the FX Loop by connecting both cables from FX Loop send to return. This way you can assign the FX Loop to one of the available pedals, and change the settings on the FX Loop depending on how many dbs you want. Just turning it on from default gives a loud enough boost. ...

Thanks guys for your help.

@Chrisdd0302  Can you provide the link to this post you mentioned. Looks like quite interesting. I would like to learn more about that one.