ttkfirst

Helix/HX Stomp as a USB interface & muting the Right input

Hello,

I use my HX stomp as a USB interface connected to a computer for further audio processing.

My instrument is plugged in the Left input port, and the signal is processed by some effect blocs, then sent to the external FX loop via the stereo Send port,  and caught back through both Return ports Left&Right.  So my computer receives the whole affected signal through the "USB inputs1&2" as stated in the HX Stomp manual.

What I want to do is recording independently a second intrument in my computer, that would be plugged into the Input Right port. According to the manual, it should correspond to "USB input 6"

However, I don't want it to be affected by any effect nor being heard through the main out.

So, how can I do it? How to mute the Right input / taking only the Left input channel as a mono signal while having something plugged in the Right port?

(I don't want my instrument to be hard panned left, just because the HX stomp sees something in its Right input port)

Thanks for your help!

Uh.... I got nothing. The Stomp really doesn't allow for dual instrument use without the hard panning (that was kind of an advanced use that pushed the Stomp's abilities anyway) and your use of the FX send and returns in the left channel kills any tricks for using those.

Are you recording both instruments simultaneously or something?

Recording two instruments separately/concurrently without effects is no problem - an empty preset with the Output block set all the way down - -120db, One track set to Input 5 (Left Input), another track set to Input 6 (Right Input), you're good to go. Use VSTs for effects.

The rest I can't figure, don't think it can be done.

In reality, the Left Input is my intrument, while the Right input is my bandmate signal. That way, after mixing both tracks in my computer, I can hear everything in my IEM, including a click track from my DAW.

I was wondering, is there an effect  block that would take a left hard panned signal and convert it to a simple mono signal?