squatch73

IR locations

I'm new to IRs.  I downloaded a patch with an IR and they mentioned what slot the IR was located.  Are IRs supposed to go in certain slots?

The IR used in the patch just selects an IR location to use.  So if you download a preset and it uses an IR in slot 10 then you need to put the same, or similar, IR in slot 10. The other option is put it in whatever slot you want and then go to the IR block in the preset and change it to point to the IR slot you put it in.

If you look into the patch via texteditor you see it has also the IR name. I think if you have installed the IR on your device with the same name it should take the right one (not 100% sure). If you have not one with that name it should take the slot of the preset. 

11 hours ago, raww said:

If you look into the patch via texteditor you see it has also the IR name. I think if you have installed the IR on your device with the same name it should take the right one (not 100% sure). If you have not one with that name it should take the slot of the preset. 

The IR names are strictly for human understanding...

The Helix (and HX Devices) only considers the IR location when loading. 

If you buy a preset that comes with an IR you always have two choices....

1. Load the IR into the exact IR location the preset is calling
    or
  2. Load the IR wherever you want, but change the preset to load the new IR location