Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G30 quit working after 4 months.

MadScientistDude

• 3 weeks later...

Does it power up if you press on the battery door? I've literally replaced that component 4 times on my G30. Recently took it off my board because its basically useless in rooms with more than 10 people or places with modern mixers that have Wi Fi for tables (including the ones I have in my band racks for IEM setups) as it gets a TON of interference from anything Wi Fi. The only way I could use it was if I plugged it into a 20' cable and moved the receiver way off stage away from lights/gear/cell phones, which kind of defeats the purpose of a wireless if I still have to run an extra cable for it every time. I'm going back to UHF for the time being and dealing with the noise because the dropouts were way more annoying that a little noise.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You are correct, the transmitter only lights up if I push hard on the battery door and even then the two lights blink on and off as if there is an error code. Its really frustrating because my G10 is range limited. Nothing close to advertised no matter what environment, and for the 2 gigs that this G30 worked I barely got a few more feet of range. With all the problems people are having I'm surprised the Relay division is still in business. And here it is 2 months after the post and not a peep from a Line 6 representative on this official Line 6 forum. 

Don’t expect Line 6 to be active here, they don’t consider this an official support forum, just a user support forum. I think what it comes down to is the 2.4ghz band is full to capacity, and they know about the g30 issue, that’s why the battery cover is available by itself from full compass. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! I took a careful look at the battery door and found that the metal plate that acts as the connector between the battery poles and holds the lock in place was floating. The factory didn't melt the plastic bosses to hold the thing together. Of course is seems to have other issues as well. I put in for a warranty repair.