Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider jam changes amp models on its own, intermittently

bbdery

My Spider Jam changes to Twang Red Model when I first turn it on. It will go to that model 3 or 4 times, when I turn it on. I change it back to a preset and it will stay there for a few minutes, then it’s changes to Twang Red again. I have :done factory resets, reloaded the firm ware, taken it apart and checked all connections, especially the ribbon cables, loosened the amp to cabinet screws a bit in case they were causing stress on the amp components, tried plugging in an FBV Express pedal.  Anything else I can try?

Edited by bbdery
Spelling

• 1 month later...

This is happening to my Spider valve mk2 and it is currently getting the part replaced. How I found out was I called full compass and they put me on hold and talked to line 6 and came to the conclusion Its the amp selection knob on mine. The part was cheap like $10 bucks with shipping included but you have to be skilled to fix it! My amp guy has a 2-3 weeks wait time so as soon as it is fixed Ill let you know! The problem with my amp guy is he goes through the whole amp looking for additional stuff that is not to spec (I hate being up-sold!). 

• 2 months later...

My Spiderjam does the same thing - switching models on it's own. Wondering if I should replace either the front interface or main PCB board all together?  There's no L6 service center nearby.

Edited by Grejam53
Added info.

Grejam53,... it will need to be serviced at an authorized service center in your area.

This is not something that can be solved by a user. The authorized service tech can

contact us through the service tech system.

Log a Support ticket in your account.

Stigney Audio Repair
Servicing: Electronics,Guitars
8400 Eastwood Rd.
Mounds View, Minnesota, 55112

763-786-3156
rstigney@hotmail.com

Good Guys Inc. ,The
Servicing: Electronics,Guitars
1111 Grand Ave.
St. Paul, Minnesota, 55105

651-292-9165
goodguy@goodguysproaudio.com

Your issue will require parts not available to end users, only authorized technician.

I already checked with Full Compass, for those who might chime-in on this.