Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax knob midi control

flop54

I'm confused as to what you're asking. Are you asking if you can control the Variax knobs via MIDI, or are you asking if you can send MIDI messages with the knobs? You can actually do both, but I'm most confused by your last statement. Are you saying you don't own a Variax and you never will? In that case, neither question makes much sense...

Sorry it's very hard to explain.

For example i use a player to send midi cc on my helix. i use CC#3 to control the exp pedal. On my preset i assign a midi cc to the exp 3 to control another effect. I just want to know if i could do the same with variax knob to keep the exp pedals free for doing other things?

1 minute ago, flop54 said:

Sorry it's very hard to explain.

For example i use a player to send midi cc on my helix. i use CC#3 to control the exp pedal. On my preset i assign a midi cc to the exp 3 to control another effect. I just want to know if i could do the same with variax knob to keep the exp pedals free for doing other things?

There's no MIDI CCs associated with the Variax knobs, so there's no "virtual Variax knobs" in the same way that they are virtual EXPs. But it doesn't matter. You can control whatever parameters you want directly with whatever MIDI CC you want. In the Controller Assign screen, you just select MIDI CC with Knob 2 and select whatever MIDI CC you want to use with Knob 3.