Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV69 - Pickup Specs & Cavity Questions

I want to keep the humbucker, but change the neck to a bucker and single coil to a hum cancelling type.

First, id like to know what the resistance is on the alnico 5 humbucker in order to match the others

Also, wondering if the pickup cavity is "swimming pool" or if each pickup is routed individually. This way , for the neck pickup, i can know whether or not to get a single coil sized humbucker or regular one and get a new pickguard

24 minutes ago, Frondeur said:

Also, wondering if the pickup cavity is "swimming pool" or if each pickup is routed individually. This way , for the neck pickup, i can know whether or not to get a single coil sized humbucker or regular one and get a new pickguard

I replaced my pickguard some time ago... if memory serves it's not a "swimming pool" cavity underneath, but I'm not certain. But armed with 2 minutes and a screwdriver, taking a peak underneath is easy enough. Even if it one giant hole though, you won't find a HSH replacement pickguard from L6... I've seen one or two companies online that will cut a custom one for you if you provide a template. Easiest option is probably to mod the existing one to accommodate a humbucker, if you decide to go that route.

6 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

I replaced my pickguard some time ago... if memory serves it's not a "swimming pool" cavity underneath, but I'm not certain. But armed with 2 minutes and a screwdriver, taking a peak underneath is easy enough. Even if it one giant hole though, you won't find a HSH replacement pickguard from L6... I've seen one or two companies online that will cut a custom one for you if you provide a template. Easiest option is probably to mod the existing one to accommodate a humbucker, if you decide to go that route.

thanks, any idea what the DC resistance is on the bucker ? i know its Alnico 5, but that's it. I'll prob go with a single coil sized bucker if it's not swimming pool, just wanted to know the bucker specs to get a ball park match. really strange that they don't provide the ranges of resistance