Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wrong FS during a song

patdixon

...but maybe okay-  I posted on the Helix family FB page a video where I accidentally hit FS7 (bank down) just before a solo which caused me to get distracted & blow the solo. However, listening back to it I've realized that Line6 has done us all a huge favor- until you actually press a new preset it doesn't change tones. So if I'm right, I would've been okay just continuing with the song until I had a pause. 

Agree?

2 hours ago, patdixon said:

...but maybe okay-  I posted on the Helix family FB page a video where I accidentally hit FS7 (bank down) just before a solo which caused me to get distracted & blow the solo. However, listening back to it I've realized that Line6 has done us all a huge favor- until you actually press a new preset it doesn't change tones. So if I'm right, I would've been okay just continuing with the song until I had a pause. 

Agree?

Yes and no...L6 didn't do you any "favors" per se, but they have provided you with options. The behavior of those up/down footswitches is selectable, depending on what footswitch layout you want and what mode you prefer (preset, snapshot, stomp/snap, preset/snap, all snapshots, etc etc). so it all depends on how you have things configured. The arrow switches are assignable to either "bank"  or "preset". When set to "preset", those arrow switches will instantly change to one preset higher or lower... if you had been in that mode, you would probably have screwed yourself up even worse selecting the wrong patch. But when set to "bank", the next set of 4 patches become selectable, which you'd then have to access via another footswitch. The various options are in global settings under "footswitches".

But regardless of how you have things set up, hitting the wrong footswitch will usually foul things up to some degree. We've all done it. Whether or not the moment is salvageable though, will depend largely on two things:

1) How well you know your gear, and

2) How easily you get rattled.

If you have a good grasp of #1, then #2 becomes less likely.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, patdixon said:

...until you actually press a new preset it doesn't change tones. So if I'm right, I would've been okay just continuing with the song until I had a pause. ....

Yuo could also hit the CANCEL footswitch, which is what the MODE switch changes to until you select a new preset. This cancels the preset change operation and returns you to the previous display of the current preset. Yes u will then have normal control over your footswitches during the solo.