Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp

Hard333

Hi, I'd like to know why on the HX Stomp, nobody talks or upload demos about the wha wha, I haven't been able to get a good wha sound. Also, about the looper which according to my experience is not functional at all. If somebody can help I'm thinking you guys in advance.

11 hours ago, Hard333 said:

Hi, I'd like to know why on the HX Stomp, nobody talks or upload demos about the wha wha, I haven't been able to get a good wha sound.

I think you're thinking too narrow. The Stomp has the identical wha wha sounds as the Helix. The only difference is that the Helix has been around a lot longer, and so there are more videos about it. If you search for "wha wha" and "Helix" in youtube you get quite a few hits. Below is one of my fave demos. Now, I'm not much of a wha guy, but honestly, it always felt . . . IMO and to me . . . easy, so I'm not sure what the issues you're hitting are, but they should be in some of these videos:

Also, about the looper which according to my experience is not functional at all. If somebody can help I'm thinking you guys in advance.

Define nonfunctional? It's useful for what it is . . . a very simple looper. I would never recommend a hard core looper fan intend to use the Helix or Stomp's looper as their primary source. It would be useful for people who only need small loops on occasion, or for practicing a bit at home. 

The biggest problem is it's a one button looper, and so for a lot of us (myself included) it's easy to mess up with one button. With some practice it gets okay, but I would recommend getting a small midi controller like the DMC micro if you plan on using the looper in a live setting.  Plus, the controller is useful for numerous other scenarios too. 

• Thanks 1

I'm thinking that nobody talks about the wah because, well, it's a wah. It goes "wah wah wah". Some of the models are adjustable for frequency range. Not everybody likes all of them. Some of them sound great.

Someone in a recent thread asked how to use an external expression pedal to both operate it and toggle it.

@phil_m explained it.

Not much more to say about it. Unless you have an actual question?

I'm thinking that nobody talks about the looper because it does what it's supposed to do - it records, it overdubs, it loops.

You might have to read the manual to get it to work. I never used it until I read your post.

I read the manual. I recorded a loop. I overdubbed it. Started it. Stopped it. Erased it.

5 minutes to learn how to use it and test it.

It works, as advertised.

Did you have an actual question about it that wasn't answered by reading the manual and following the directions?

Lots of people here more than happy to help out with actual questions........

• Thanks 1

FWIW - I searched for wah in Helix. There were 1700 results.

Searching for Looper turned up 1267 results.

Not all of those are directly related to the Stomp, but I'm pretty sure that both the 1 button looper and the wahs are identical between platforms.

Just sayin'......

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1