Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jon

Jono1622

Hey, Just purchased a helix floor controller it came with firmware 2.30, i want to update but having trouble. I have download all the software Including HX edit which is working fine.

I open up the Line 6 updater and sign in it shows a blank page? my helix is not showing up to update anyone know what i am doing wrong?

Hey guys, Thanks for your advise, I found it would not find the software until i did a reboot on my Mac.

Funny though since i have updated everything my helix floor and HX edit i have freezing issues, and computer to floor issues. This does not happen all the time but a pain when it does. Room for improvement with the software i Think,  but all in all i love it! best money spent in ages...

Cheers

Funny. I use a Mac as well and have had zero problems with either my Helix floor or LT. My impression here is that most problems seem to occur on PCs.

BTW, the next OSX version will be 64-bit ONLY. Any 32-bit apps will no longer function. 

On 9/19/2019 at 10:03 PM, Jono1622 said:

Hey guys, Thanks for your advise, I found it would not find the software until i did a reboot on my Mac.

Funny though since i have updated everything my helix floor and HX edit i have freezing issues, and computer to floor issues. This does not happen all the time but a pain when it does. Room for improvement with the software i Think,  but all in all i love it! best money spent in ages...

Cheers

I have two Helix floor units and never had a freeze on either of them, but they're not always connected to HXEdit either.  In my case one is connected to a desktop PC and one to a Laptop both running Windows 10.  Never had any issue with with either of them freezing.  In fact the Helix that connects to my desktop computer is the only sound card for that computer and it's never failed in the past three years.  But it could also be a latency issue coming from your USB connection depending on how it's connected to your PC or what background tasks might be running on the computer.  A LOT more things can go wrong there than on the Helix.