Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using same FX loop in two independent paths

fenderbenderlax

HI Folks,

I'm plugging in a distortion pedal into FXloop 3 of the helix. I'm running two parallel paths with one path using the Variax magnetics and the other using the Variax modeled sounds and would like to place this distortion block in both paths. However, I'm only able to place the loop in one of the two paths. Is there a workaround for this? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, fenderbenderlax said:

HI Folks,

I'm plugging in a distortion pedal into FXloop 3 of the helix. I'm running two parallel paths with one path using the Variax magnetics and the other using the Variax modeled sounds and would like to place this distortion block in both paths. However, I'm only able to place the loop in one of the two paths. Is there a workaround for this? 

Thanks

You can only use each loop block once. I think the only way is to use a merge/mixer block for the inputs and to use one path. Then you can mute(set the level to -max db) the input in the mixer settings via footswitch/snapshot, you don't need.

...I have no other idea at the moment.

• Thanks 1

No, there is no way to do this. Think about it like this - you have a mono effect in a mono effects loops. Even if there was a way to use the same block in multiple paths, it would mess your signal routing up because you'd be summing the input from both paths and the signal going back into the Helix's effect return would be a blended signal of the magnetic pickups and modeling.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, phil_m said:

No, there is no way to do this. Think about it like this - you have a mono effect in a mono effects loops. Even if there was a way to use the same block in multiple paths, it would mess your signal routing up because you'd be summing the input from both paths and the signal going back into the Helix's effect return would be a blended signal of the magnetic pickups and modeling.

thanks Phil...makes complete sense...I guess I will have to use a modeled  distortion then for one of the paths...

5 hours ago, Peter said:

You can only use each loop block once. I think the only way is to use a merge/mixer block for the inputs and to use one path. Then you can mute(set the level to -max db) the input in the mixer settings via footswitch/snapshot, you don't need.

...I have no other idea at the moment.

Interesting idea...I will try that..I guess what you are suggesting is to start with path 1a) magnetic and path 1b) modeled pull path 1b into the main line and run the FX loop after...I will try that and report back...thanks guys