telengard

Helix Rack and 2.8.0 rebuilds patches every boot

I seem to have upgraded to 2.8.0 on my rack successfully, but every time I turn it on, I see it takes a bit of time as it "rebuilds patches".

Is there more I need to do after upgrading the firmware?

thanks

It should only do this once (if you do not edit your patches again).

I would do a reset(9+10) and load the backup. Then wait and let the Helix completely rebuild your patches. Hope it works the next time without rebuilding.

What are the reset switches on the rack version of the Helix?  I don't have any numbered switches like the floor version.

7 minutes ago, telengard said:

What are the reset switches on the rack version of the Helix?  I don't have any numbered switches like the floor version.

https://line6.com/support/page/kb/effects-controllers/helix/helixrackltfxstomp-reset-procedures-and-troubleshooting-tricks-r768/

...if it does not help maybe you can find a solution here

I'm having the same problems  it rebuilds on every bootup.

I updated to 2.8.1 last night and it still happens on every boot up.  I've never saved a backup, so would "reverting" to one actually work?  I have 3 of my own pre-sets and 2 of them are used for send/returns.

You never saved a backup befor an update, ...very risky.

Maybe your problem is similar to this:helix.thumb.jpg.149f6d9e48fcb9a1bf7e03a4dea4b64d.jpg

If you have only 3 own user presets and no IRS, I would save/export only these presets and do a factory reset( ENC5 & ENC6 ). This updates the factory presets / overrites everything. Try, if it works now without rebuilding on every boot up. If yes, you can import your saved presets.

If it happens then on every boot up again, one of your own user presets is probably faulty.