Sign in to follow this  
Jhg06

Update 2.81 and presets

Hi, I updated my son's new helix lt today. I went from the factory 2.30 to 2.60 to 2.80 to 2.81 and I did a backup every time. My son says that he used to have over 100 preset but now there is only 32. Did I do something wrong or did the update change where he finds them? I did the 9 and 10 button restore as well.

Holding down footswitches 9 & 10 while powering up isn’t a restore - it’s a factory reset. To get the presets, global settings and IRs back you have to use the “Restore from Backup” function in HX Edit (go to File>Restore From Backup).

7 hours ago, Jhg06 said:

Hi, I updated my son's new helix lt today. I went from the factory 2.30 to 2.60 to 2.80 to 2.81 and I did a backup every time. My son says that he used to have over 100 preset but now there is only 32. Did I do something wrong or did the update change where he finds them? I did the 9 and 10 button restore as well.

The 9 and 10 button "restore" deletes all of your own presets.

Maybe you backed up only one setlist and did not make a full backup?  The easiest way would have been to perform a full backup in HX Edit 2.30 (" From the File pulldown menu, select “Create Backup…” Click [Create Backup] to confirm."). and then directly install the 2.81 update/software.  ...Normally, the presets are automatically restored during the update process. Sometimes a reset and restore of your backup is nessecary. > open HX Edit 2.81 (" To restore from a backup, from the File pulldown menu, select “Restore From Backup…” From the Backup File pulldown, select the desired backup and click [Restore Backup]")