Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Vibrato bar for Variax 700 electric

bsmith55

The tremolo arm in the pic below here looks exactly like the one (threadless) belonging to my Variax 700 electric (which for the record has a thickness of about 4-5 mm) :

ubnjrxxfwmelicleal8e.jpg

but the above pic comes from the one for JTV sold by fullcompass: https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/231975-line-6-30-51-0381-line-6-jtv-tremelo-arm

or by reverb.com: https://reverb.com/item/14907652-line-6-30-51-0381-line-6-jtv-tremelo-arm#

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

58 minutes ago, bsmith55 said:

I have spoken with both Line 6 and Full Compass.  No one will tell me what the diameter of the bar in the photo is.  All they will tell me is the JTV-69 bar is NOT compatible with the Variax 700, and the 700 bars are not available. 

psarkissian the official Line6 repairer man of the Variax who attends this forum, if he wanted could give you some useful suggestions.

However you could also go to a store where they have JTV and check yourself.

Also you could try to ask L.R Baggs (the makers of the Variax 700 bridge) if they can sell just the tremolo arm.

https://www.lrbaggs.com/pickups/electric-guitar-acoustic-pickup

Below here is the pic of my Variax 700 tremolo bar (diameter 5mm):

alK4FMx.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

I recently opened a support ticket for this very thing, and received a message from "Pete" that there is nothing there that can help me.  I thought that crowd-sourcing the users might dredge something up.

It's really frustrating having such a well crafted instrument, and not being able to use it to its fullest capability.

Given that at the moment it seems very difficult if not impossible to find the original one, if I were you I'd look for a generic tremolo bar with the same specs of the original, ie: 5mm thickness, chrome, push-in, no tip.

Try googling "5mm push-in chrome no tip tremolo arm" and see what you find.

Out of curiosity I tried and I found the 5mm Wilkinson Push-In Chrome Tremolo Arm which seems to me that it could be a perfect fit:
5mm Wilkinson Push-In Chrome Tremolo Arm / Whammy Bar with Plain Chrome Tip for Vintage, Fret King, Italia, Framus Guitar Brands etc. (No Tip)

All about POD HD500/X