Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HOW TO USE PRESETS IN ALIVE SETTING .

tonee132

How would you call up a preset  in alive setting  without doing it manually  do you program controllers ?like lets say set list 3 is my set list for a gig I've noticed to change to a preset in a bank so far I have to hit the bank button up or down to bring up the current preset in that bank then having to press a,b,c or d for the specific preset is there an easier way without having to toe pedal dance ?

You could adjust your global footswitch settings so that the display is 8 presets, meaning you no longer have to hit the Bank button to make the presets appear. Then you would only have to hit one footswitch to select one of the currently visible 8. The trade-off for this is that you would have to hit the MODE footswitch to make other footswitch assignments appear (stomps, snapshots). CHeck out the options forfootswitch display settings and choose the one that works best for you.

The other way to do it is via an external MIDI controller.

1 hour ago, silverhead said:

You could adjust your global footswitch settings so that the display is 8 presets, meaning you no longer have to hit the Bank button to make the presets appear. Then you would only have to hit one footswitch to select one of the currently visible 8. The trade-off for this is that you would have to hit the MODE footswitch to make other footswitch assignments appear (stomps, snapshots). CHeck out the options forfootswitch display settings and choose the one that works best for you.

The other way to do it is via an external MIDI controller.

Hey Silver probably due to distraction you didn't notice that this is not the Helix forum but the one dedicated to the POD HD..

no 8 presets in a bank, snapshots or MODE footswitch are available on POD devices

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

1 hour ago, tonee132 said:

How would you call up a preset  in alive setting  without doing it manually  do you program controllers ?like lets say set list 3 is my set list for a gig I've noticed to change to a preset in a bank so far I have to hit the bank button up or down to bring up the current preset in that bank then having to press a,b,c or d for the specific preset is there an easier way without having to toe pedal dance ?

Simply press and hold the VIEW button on the device and change the FS MODE to ABCD..

doing so the footswitches 5-8 will select directly (without having to press the bank buttons first ) the 4 presets ABCD in the current bank, but they will not work anymore to switch on/off the effects eventually assigned to them

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

here's how i do it.... 

name each preset by the song title (yes, some presets get saved multiple times because multiple songs uses the same settings)

then, before the night begins.... you use the EDIT software to arrange your presets based on the night's set list 

it is easy to find in your patch storage folder on your computer 

all of your patches are in order and easy to access 

plus it is easy to know that your pod is on the right preset as the night goes on (especially in the event of some random incident) 

2 hours ago, hurghanico said:

Hey Silver probably due to distraction you didn't notice that this is not the Helix forum but the one dedicated to the POD HD..

no 8 presets in a bank, snapshots or MODE footswitch are available on POD devices

All about POD HD500/X

Ooops.... my bad. Thanks for the correction, hurghanico. Sorry for the misinformation. tonee132.

On 9/22/2019 at 4:41 PM, hurghanico said:

Simply press and hold the VIEW button on the device and change the FS MODE to ABCD..

doing so the footswitches 5-8 will select directly (without having to press the bank buttons first ) the 4 presets ABCD in the current bank, but they will not work anymore to switch on/off the effects eventually assigned to them

All about POD HD500/X

awesome thank you very much

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 12:02 PM, RonSom1976 said:

Hi,

I use

SetlistMaker-App and

iRig Midi

When I call the song at tablet the POD switches in the same second

I got a lot of different presets ... 

Hey Ronsom, Would you mind explaining the use of your setup. I sure do like the idea of calling up a song in setlist and it will load the corresponding patch on the POD PRO X ? Thanks in advance