Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Download From Guitar Clobbering Workbench Hd Settings

I just 'updated' my brand new, unmodified jtv69 to firmware 2.0. 

It's interesting that after three tries at updating the flash memory ending ending with the dreaded MIDI port error message, restarting Monkey displayed the flash memory as being v2.0...if it was...I haven't plugged it into an amp yet...(The models are all GONE!!!!)

I started Workbench HD and it automatically began to download the models from the guitar.  It replaced all of the named models in workbench with "????????????" with NO settings (pickups/bodies, etc) in Workbench. 

I restarted Workbench and the basic settings were all there until the download automatically began again...

HOWEVER ALL OF THE MODELS ON MY GUITAR ARE GONE!!!!!

What's happening????

WHAT CAN I DO??!?!?!?!?!?!?

SOUNDS LIKE THE UPDATE TRASHED MY GUITAR, EH?

(Attached File - restart Workbench, interrupted download after first model)

I TRIED TO ROLLBACK THE GUITAR -- STILL NO DAMN MODELS PLAYING!!!!

I DEMAND AN ANSWER OR THIS THING IS GOING BACK TO SWEETWATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-570185-0-16794200-1390087765_thumb.jpg

As silverhead explained in your other thread, this is a user forum, so there is no point getting angry or making threats here. However, we do understand your frustration and are sympathetic to your situation, and there are plenty of people on here that will help you trouble shoot your problems.

You need to address the issue in your other thread first, regarding the flash install corrupting your JTV. Once you get that fixed it will resolve the Workbench problem.

You can ask Line6 support to help or contact Sweetwater and ask them to help, they may decide to ship you a replacement guitar as its so new. Either way, I am sure they will help you resolve your problem. Good luck, hope you get it resolved.

I just 'updated' my brand new, unmodified jtv69 to firmware 2.0. 

It's interesting that after three tries at updating the flash memory ending ending with the dreaded MIDI port error message, restarting Monkey displayed the flash memory as being v2.0...if it was...I haven't plugged it into an amp yet...(The models are all GONE!!!!)

I started Workbench HD and it automatically began to download the models from the guitar.  It replaced all of the named models in workbench with "????????????" with NO settings (pickups/bodies, etc) in Workbench. 

I restarted Workbench and the basic settings were all there until the download automatically began again...

HOWEVER ALL OF THE MODELS ON MY GUITAR ARE GONE!!!!!

What's happening????

WHAT CAN I DO??!?!?!?!?!?!?

SOUNDS LIKE THE UPDATE TRASHED MY GUITAR, EH?

(Attached File - restart Workbench, interrupted download after first model)

I TRIED TO ROLLBACK THE GUITAR -- STILL NO DAMN MODELS PLAYING!!!!

I DEMAND AN ANSWER OR THIS THING IS GOING BACK TO SWEETWATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent it back and get a new, or get your money back.

As silverhead explained in your other thread, this is a user forum, so there is no point getting angry or making threats here. However, we do understand your frustration and are sympathetic to your situation, and there are plenty of people on here that will help you trouble shoot your problems.

You need to address the issue in your other thread first, regarding the flash install corrupting your JTV. Once you get that fixed it will resolve the Workbench problem.

You can ask Line6 support to help or contact Sweetwater and ask them to help, they may decide to ship you a replacement guitar as its so new. Either way, I am sure they will help you resolve your problem. Good luck, hope you get it resolved.

I have posted a trouble ticket.  We'll see if they can solve the problem --

I found no other solutions on this forum that work other than keep trying until you luck out!?!?  Or buy an HD500 (for $500) and keep trying until you luck out.

I was in the computer programming/consulting business for over 40 years, never encountered a flash update as iffy as this one and had I delivered software that was as flakey as this, I would have starved...

What "threat".  Why are you so hostile?

This is a user forum, not a company forum.  Everyone posting here is a fellow owner/user.  We are willing to help where able but you don't get to DEMAND anything... if you want to send it back feel free.  If you want to just try it again because you probably lollipopped it up somewhere, that's fine too...  either way chill out and stop shouting...

This is a user forum, not a company forum.  Everyone posting here is a fellow owner/user.  We are willing to help where able but you don't get to DEMAND anything... if you want to send it back feel free.  If you want to just try it again because you probably lollipopped it up somewhere, that's fine too...  either way chill out and stop shouting...

I was shouting ("demands") at Line 6, sometimes that's the only way to get a company's attention -- then I found the well hidden trouble-ticket process and submitted one directly to them...

I lollipopped it??  Sorry, it's the COMPANY'S responsibility to deliver software that works -- or at least installs.  I wonder how anyone can accept software installations that are as flakey as this one appears to be from the many users who have had problems with it.  Nearly half roll back the "upgrade"???  Not acceptable...

I lollipopped it??  Sorry, it's the COMPANY'S responsibility to deliver software that works -- or at least installs.  I wonder how anyone can accept software installations that are as flakey as this one appears to be from the many users who have had problems with it.  Nearly half roll back the "upgrade"???  Not acceptable...

then send it back and be on your way. 

I have posted a trouble ticket. We'll see if they can solve the problem --

I found no other solutions on this forum that work other than keep trying until you luck out!?!? Or buy an HD500 (for $500) and keep trying until you luck out.

I was in the computer programming/consulting business for over 40 years, never encountered a flash update as iffy as this one and had I delivered software that was as flakey as this, I would have starved...

I hear you. Many have encountered issues with the latest flash update and nobody has been able to explain why it is so flakey. Unfortunately, the reality is that the only solution currently available is to keep trying until it works. There are some things that can be done to maximise your chances of success, but unfortunately there is no guarantee. I have personally hit that midi error and had to re install the flash level several times before it worked.

If you want to try again while waiting for Line6 support, then just make sure that the USB dongle is connected directly to a USB port on the back of the PC. Make sure your battery is fully charged and that the volume control on the JTV is at maximum. It may help to ensure nothing else is running on the PC while the flash is installing.

Once you get the flash successfully re installed, you can then choose to roll back if necessary, but you won't have that option until you get the successful install.

Good luck.

• Upvote 2

OK so you probably don't want to hear this but my suggestion is to uninstall the drivers for the usb interface and workbench hd. Make sure nothing is still lurking in the registry.  I use a 3rd party program for that.  Reboot and reinstall the drivers for the interface.  

Make sure you say NO when it asks if you want to keep your patches...

After that I am sure you have the process down so there aint much more to do...  wait for ticket response if it still doesn't work...