Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to monitor audio output of a Helix block?

SteveJohns

Hi.

I wonder if there is a "wizard's trick" which can be used to allow quick monitoring of the path/block output at a chosen point in a complex Helix patch.

IOW, I would like to *very quickly* check out the sound at a given point along one of my paths in order to judge what that path is contributing towards the total.

In my ideal world, any block could be radio-buttoned-checked to have its output sent directly to the mains for listening, then un-checked to return things to normal.

Since this functionality per se is not present, I wonder if anyone knows a tricky-trick to have a similar effect with minimal time/effort.

No, there's no magic check box but you could just turn off everything else in the signal path. If you need to A/B, while developing the preset assign all devices to a single stomp button. Assign/clear bypass assignments as required. You could also use snapshots like this.

Thanks for the comments.   Using snapshots to effectively turn off the paths I don't want to hear at the moment seems like it is probably the most efficient way, lacking that "magic check box".   If each path ends with a gain block (during development at least) it's reasonably straightforward to set up the snapshots to effectively "solo" each path.