Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

helix lt locked up during update

tyesAxe

helix lt locked up during update from 2.71 to latest version.  The process went fine and progress bar went about halfway across screen when the pause line6 warns you of came up.  I selected "OK", but the process did not continue (for 2 days now) and the helix lt screen shows  "boot error. entered update mode!".  I did a backup using the updater application prior to starting, and i've switched the USB cable to all 4 ports and used a different cable, all without the process starting back up.  Little help?

Tye

30 minutes ago, tyesAxe said:

No.  The updater software (I'm a first time user btw) says  " update is in progress, do not turn off or unplug your device at this time".  I thought it prudent to let sleeping dogs lie and get some help...

You can close the Updater and restart it. You can force the LT into Update Mode by holding down FS6 and FS12 while powering it up. Updater should see it then.

Make sure you don’t have any other Line 6 applications open while running Updater.

It seems I've solved my problem.  I broke out my old windows 8 samsung laptop, downloaded hx edit (which automatically installed updater) closed monkey and ran updater which saw the helix lt and it is currently showing firmware 2.82.0 and is loading presets.  Thanks for your help!\

Tye

8 hours ago, tyesAxe said:

closed monkey and ran updater

Tye

FYI,

Nowhere in the installation notes does it mention Line 6 Monkey. Monkey is not, and never has been needed to update Helix or HX products. Furthermore, when going through the update process, the instructions are clear about not having any other applications running that may interfere with USB communication - especially HX Edit or any other Line 6 software that is not part of the upgrade.

Hope this clarifies some of the issues that you were experiencing.

Good to know that you have managed to rectify the situation.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, tyesAxe said:

downloaded hx edit (which automatically installed updater)

I'm glad to see you got it solved... but in your opening post it doesn't say you installed "HX Edit" (as you did on your old machine) and that is critical to the installation process. 

Did you miss it originally and try updating from the updater alone... because that does not work. You need all the drivers that came along with HX Edit. 

Thanks, everyone, for your comments.  What I ended up doing was abandoning the installation from my zbook windows7 PC which had Helix LT and Updater on it (as well as VLC and itunes and that's it) and broke out my old windows 8 Samsung tablet that I used for my GuitarPort.  I installed HX Edit again (this time on the win8 tablet), and ran the updater and then everything went fine.  Thanks again!

Tye

• Thanks 1