Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sharing power with external fx pedals

funkninja

Hey guys and girls,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. Is the Firehawk FX power supply ok to also power an Xotic SL Drive pedal at the same time (the polarity is the same, hot sleeve)? It would be helpful to not have to set up another ps onstage.
Many thanks

S

• 8 months later...

Hi I just wanted to chime in to say I'm on a quest to power multiple pedals from the Firehawk too. This is what I've found: After buying a barrel plug adapter (2.1mm to 2.5mm because for some reason the Firehawk DC jack pin is a bit fatter than other pedals....) I split my Firehawk's PSU with a daisy-chain cable, but when I add even one small, low-draw pedal into the chain, I get horrible hum/digital whine. I've tried two separate daisy chain cables and different 9V power supplies and all I can figure is that maybe the Firehawk does actually draw the full 3000mA that its power supply apparently gives out and so adding more pedals/daisy chain cable is drawing too much current??

Did you have any luck with yours?