Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A&C block vs. Amp block + Cab Block - resources used

themetallikid

Sorry, I'm at work and can't find the cpu resource guide.....I've been enjoying the A&C blocks to save block space in my signal paths, however, wondering if there is an advantage CPU wise to doing them together or separate blocks (assuming the same models are being used when comparing).

It's the same amount of computing either way.  Since this is all real-time execution there's really no CPU overhead in managing these blocks.  The only downside to me is that if you do decide later to break the amp and cab apart you have to rebuild them each by hand.

• Like 1

Yeah I found that out last night.  I wish it would keep the same settings when going between the same model and A&C > Amp Only or vice versa.  Leon Todd uploaded a few of his custom IR's and they sound great to me, so I went back over my core tones I'm working on and had to split them into Amp/IR blocks.  Had to copy/paste the A&C onto the other path and then click back and forth to copy the settings and delete the uneccessary block. 

oh well. 

I've disabled all my cabs from my cab+amp blocks after buying the powercab to only use the inside PC+ models.

I've noticed that if i turn an Amp+cab block into only an Amp block on the hardware, all the parameters are reseted by default.

But to do this work in all my presets, i finally decided to use Helix Edit, then, i noticed that click and turn an Amp+cab block into only the same Amp block conserves all the Amp parameters !

;)

5 hours ago, DunedinDragon said:

It's the same amount of computing either way.  Since this is all real-time execution there's really no CPU overhead in managing these blocks.  The only downside to me is that if you do decide later to break the amp and cab apart you have to rebuild them each by hand.

We could really use a "Copy Block Settings" as well as "Paste Block Settings" feature in the editor. Just like they do in photo editing apps.  Obviously, this would only be applicable to the amp and cab blocks.

1 hour ago, hideout said:

We could really use a "Copy Block Settings" as well as "Paste Block Settings" feature in the editor. Just like they do in photo editing apps.  Obviously, this would only be applicable to the amp and cab blocks.

Or even if when copying an "Amp" block (no matter what version) when you pasted it gave you a Pasting Option: Amp Settings Only, Amp + Cab Settings, Preamp Settings.  Similar to how MS Office handles pasting options.  Its not a deal breaker, but would save some time if you could do that.

Or, not sure this is feasible, ability to disable or enable 'stock' settings when selecting different amps.  I dislike when I'm trying to do a slight breakup sound and trying amps out, and everytime I shift the amp type, have to redial in a lower gain/eq/master settings.  instead of just changing amp type and keeping the current settings to make minor adjustments to.

On 10/2/2019 at 8:47 AM, themetallikid said:

Or, not sure this is feasible, ability to disable or enable 'stock' settings when selecting different amps.  I dislike when I'm trying to do a slight breakup sound and trying amps out, and everytime I shift the amp type, have to redial in a lower gain/eq/master settings.  instead of just changing amp type and keeping the current settings to make minor adjustments to.

They have that feature in Adobe Lightroom where you can select which parameters to copy. Not sure why it can’t be done for HX Edit.