Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Send Path 1 out and to Path 2 simultaneously?

OmniFace

I'm looking to send a different mix from the Helix to my in-ears than to my PowerCab.

I was hoping to be able to pass Path 1's outputs to the Digital outs (or XLR), while also passing it down to Path 2.  Path 2 would then have some additional EQ and a Doubler fx enabled for fake doubling in my in-ears and output to something else.

So far there doesn't appear to be a way to have the output go to two places, which means I would need add an a Send/Return block so I can pass the audio to some hardware outputs while continuing to pass it down the chain.  Is that correct?  Or am I just missing something?

Seems the Serial vs. Parallel Routing "Super Serial" option might be what I'm looking for actually.

Looks like a pretty viable alt is the "1 into 2" option on page 18 of the manual.  You can apparently move the merge block to Path B and it will split Path A down, giving you the option of adding additional post fx to each path independently.  Not quite the same as I was trying to do, but that could be handy.

Near the end of your path add a "Y split" lock to open up path 1b.   Put the effects you want in 1a and set the 1a output to XLR, and pull down 1b to output 1b, and set it to digital and specify your powercab parameters.

If you need more blocks in the paths, you can have one of the paths above go to 2a and or 2b and set 2a to XLR, and 2b to digital.

This is from memory so my "labels" might not be correct.   You have to have at least one active block in your b paths after a Y split.

• Like 1

This approach might work for you.

My headphone send runs off the XLR outs, and drives my in ears through a solution that allows me to mix in ambient and monitor sends from FoH (eg vocals). 

• Like 1