Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax Guitars are no longer available in Germany

JochenKopp

Variax Guitars are no longer available in Germany. I have heard from Thoman (the biggest dealer in Germany) that there are conformity problems with EU directives.
Question: when can I buy the "Variax Shuriken 27" in Germany? Any Idea?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, surron said:

I got the same information as OP from Thomann. The Variax models are still unavailable anywhere in Germany. Any info when those shipping issues will be effectively resolved? Thanks!

Unfortunately, trying to get anything that even vaguely resembles correct info from a retailer is utterly futile. Half the time they can't even tell what is or isn't already in the building, never mind when "item X" might theoretically show up. The drone that you get on the other end of the phone is just parroting what some inventory control program spits out. Treating that as actionable information is as useless as asking for a weather forecast for a year from next Tuesday. "It'll get there when it gets there" is the the only truth you're gonna find.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I repost here :

Hello I am looking for a Shuriken SR270 or SR250 in France or any other European country that delivers France.
Did Line 6 remove the Shuriken from the European catalogue?
They are totally unavailable, the only site that offers them is an Italian online scam site ^^''
If you have any information on where to order it, it would be really nice.

I need it for Christmas. I signed up.

Hello, everyone,
I had an exchange with an English store this week.
Apparently, the unavailability of variax guitars is explained by, and I quote :

''There was recently a recall on all Line 6 Variax guitars due to a manufacturing issue.''

Could someone from STAFF tell me about the arrival dates of the new versions of the shuriken Sr250 and Sr270 ?
I know that the English store I spoke with, 
ordered these guitars but can't give me a date of receipt.

(Sorry for my poor level of English).

Wasn't a recall. Probably some customs related stuff extra checks and such, with all the politics between countries right now.

Shipping slow down, created a bottleneck in the flow. To a retail store, maybe they thought of it as a recall, since it would have the same affect.

Arrival dates,... I'm a service tech, sorry but, arrival dates would be a logistics thing that I'm not privy to.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I have been trying to find a SR250 in stock to see how it compares to my 270. The only place even listing it just now (according to Google) is pmtonline.co.uk, but even they don't have stock - they say it's "available to order" and "should ship in 5 days".

They also price the new finishes for a lot more than the standard black, and I'm not paying £300 extra for the trans black burst I would like to check out ;)

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, surron said:

Can we finally get an answer from an official salesperson or anyone who knows what's the issue who isn't guessing? It's been 4 months now, and still nothing... :(

You'll never find an answer in here, no. This is a user forum..."official" people rarely show up to say anything at all. Besides, turning to a salesperson for the truth is like trying to find a pearl in a pig's ear....

• Haha 1

Making certain of compliance requirements for import/export, as there were some recent updates in the EU to deal with,

trade and tariff with import/export politics, all creating a bottleneck in the flow slowing things up. 

It's letting up, it's flowing again, now doing catch-up. That's as much as I know so far.

I guess I'm the pearl, such as it is.

• Like 1

I ordered a Variax standard in late November, which I'm still waiting for. The store, whilst apologetic about the delay advised me 

" I am afraid Yamaha are not able to tell us as to when we can expect a delivery.
Our understanding is that there was a production issue, which meant all the guitars had to be re-called, which unfortunately has delayed the delivery with no real accurate estimate"

So, for what it's worth, that's the information that I have for the delay.

6 hours ago, paulds117 said:

I ordered a Variax standard in late November, which I'm still waiting for. The store, whilst apologetic about the delay advised me 

" I am afraid Yamaha are not able to tell us as to when we can expect a delivery.
Our understanding is that there was a production issue, which meant all the guitars had to be re-called, which unfortunately has delayed the delivery with no real accurate estimate"

So, for what it's worth, that's the information that I have for the delay.

Not for nothing... but that explanation is so devoid of any actual information, they might as well have told you that the shipment was hijacked by a chain- smoking Yeti riding a Vespa.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...retail salespeople can only be trusted to tell you one of two things with any certainty:

1) Yes, we have it,  or

2) No, we don't have it

And sometimes even that's a stretch...

And if they don't have what you're looking for, they just want you go away, get off the phone, stop pestering them with emails, etc etc... and to that end, they'll blurt out just about anything that sounds even vaguely plausible. Almost always by passing the buck, and providing "information" that is impossible to either confirm or disprove... just as they've done here. It fits the M.O. perfectly.

On 2/10/2020 at 1:28 PM, psarkissian said:

No buck passing, that's what there is in info so far. That's all we have so far, when I know more, you'll know more.

Nobody's talking about anything you had to say. The guy above relayed the manufactured BS that he was fed from the retailer from whom he attempted to make his purchase. Everything I said was targeted specifically at retail salespeople....but that's not you. You're not wearing a little name tag that says "Hi my name is Bob, how can I help you today?" I'm not sure how I could have made that any clearer.

Regardless, I stand by every word... retail salespeople are irretrievably full of $hit. The guy above was told a fairy tale about "recalls and production problems", which is a far cry from the import/export compliance and tariff issues that you referenced. So I'll say it again... retailers make stuff up. All day, every day....anything that suits them that will sound believable to the customer.

Yes. The guy on the floor of a retailer gets info second or third hand, and not always up to date.

And typically only gets paid a commission (sometimes some base pay with it), so they work from a

totally different paradigm from me.

Very good cruisinon2, on the ball as usual.

Yahaha Germany (the official line6 distributor for Germany) answered me:

Dear Mr *********,

Variax guitars will be available again in the future.
However, we are unable to give you a delivery date.

Please keep in touch with your Line 6 dealer.
They will keep you up to date with the latest information.

Thank you for your patience.

With kind regards
Line 6 Support Europe

With kind regards

Your Yamaha Service Team

On 2/15/2020 at 9:05 PM, paulds117 said:

Just an update, The Variax arrived this week, :) 

Ooo. Exciting. I ordered a JTV59 on 12th November from a UK supplier.  I was also given the "It was because of a recall" reason.

Still waiting, but good to hear that things are starting to appear.

PS. Best advice I ever had from a salesman (over a relaxed lunch) was "If I'm selling something, never trust anything I say". ;)

psarkissian is 'Service Engineer'. That's a different breed to sales. :)

Thank you.

A person on the sales floor will typically get  third or fourth hand information.

And not always current, as there is also a time lag beyond the pale.

Forget any rumors, wait until you hear it officially,... preferably from people here above me.

• 2 months later...

This whole CoVid-19 lock-down thing has really thrown a wrench into the logistic works.

Since Line 6 is not considered essential infrastructure, we are physically shut down, including 

the distribution hub. Some virtual work is going on, but that's it.

I'm not messaging here from Line 6, but doing so remotely. Whatever we can do remotely

is being done. Shipping product right now from main distribution?,... don't know. Check with

customer support regarding our physical return to Line 6.