Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My Variax has gone crazy! Sounds cycling/cutting out

Hey guys

I have a Variax 300 that I have been loving, but the other day i discovered some liquid leaking out of the back. Upon opening the battery compartment I discovered one of the batteries had leaked. I cleaned it up but then my sounds stated going haywire. Sounds were in incorrect places, clycling through or changing on their own, or not working at all.

I've disassembled the guitar to check for any battery acid in the main compartment but didn't find anything. I removed the battery pack power lead in case that was shorting something out. Reassembled...same issue :(((

Does anybody have any ideas how I can fix/reset/etc this guitar before I bury it in the garden?

Thanks

Rob

" Are there no known DIY fixes for this kind of thing? "--- aside from a new battery holder,... no.

Something else is also affecting things, and Mark is the guy over there to deal with it. DIY with

that is not recommended, especially if you need parts (which sounds like it's more than likely).

Mark Wright isn't on the official list, but he knows these guitars better than anyone over there.

After Line 6 closed it's UK location, he opened his own shop in Brixworth, Nothhamptonshire.

http://www.markwrightmusic.com/

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2019 at 1:58 PM, robrochford said:

Are there no known DIY fixes for this kind of thing?

The only thing you can safely try is a complete reset. 

If you can connect the guitar to workbench, try to re-load the latest firmware once again. if there is a software glitch, that "may" help. 

• Upvote 1