Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Momentary switch issues

borgis

Greetz

So. When using a momentary footswitch to engage a bypassed block for a solo im finding that the polarity of the switch flips and i end up with a block that is on when it should be off.

Specifically 

Stereo bubble vibrato

It seems to happen after an extended period holding the switch down.

Any ideas?

Try upgrading to 2.82

2.82 is a bug fix update... and it appears the first item on the "bug fixes" list might be related to what you are describing. It's not exact... but it's sounds related. 

"When a stomp footswitch is used to toggle a parameter’s min and max values, in some cases the dim/lit state of the LED could become inverted"

On 10/4/2019 at 8:45 PM, rd2rk said:

If it's still doing that after you update, send me a copy of the preset. I'm on 2.82 and couldn't get it to flip, even after holding for a whole minute.

yeah so the double take is the one i have set on this preset to be momentary

hold it down for 60 seconds and it goes from normaly closed to normaly open, bizzare

2.82 updated and still the same pot of piscine

pumpkiny.hlx

I held it down for over a minute.

I held it down for over two minutes.

I held it down for over two minutes while playing with the Bubble Vibrato on.

I don't know what to tell you, I could not get it to flip.

Maybe your board has gremlins?

I'd open a support ticket.

2 hours ago, borgis said:

yeah so the double take is the one i have set on this preset to be momentary

hold it down for 60 seconds and it goes from normaly closed to normaly open, bizzare

2.82 updated and still the same pot of piscine

pumpkiny.hlx

Have you tried it on different switches?

Same.

Tried global footswitch settings to see if the touch select setting was an issue. 

Is it possible that this is an issue from the 2.8 update that was meant to fix some units that had bad/dirty switches?

15 minutes ago, borgis said:

Same.

Tried global footswitch settings to see if the touch select setting was an issue. 

Is it possible that this is an issue from the 2.8 update that was meant to fix some units that had bad/dirty switches?

I'm on 2.82. Didn't you update to 2.82 as you said you would?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

bump!  Discovered that I too have this issue with 2.82.  It just started happening.  I have a single effect -- envelope filter assigned to one button.  When I hold the button for several seconds and then right away tap it fast, it gets reversed.  If I do the same exact thing it gets saved in its proper state.  Interestingly enough, I have another button that has momentary switching assigned to, but there are 2 effects instead of one and it works ok.  Maybe you could try assigning another effect that does nothing -- like a flat EQ block for example in addition.  This is disappointing though, I keep finding more annoying "features" everyday and now this.  

I got it!  The issue is with the touch-sensitive buttons.  It only happens when I'm playing barefoot, even with socks on!  When I'm wearing shoes, it doesn't happen.  Interestingly, I even disabled the touch sensitivity, but it still is on.  Line 6, come on now!  Fix this!  

• 2 weeks later...

I am experiencing this issue as well. I have momentary switching set for 3 note generators so I can play synth notes/chords with my feet, but occasionally (I estimate 1 out of every 20 times) the momentary will get stuck on.  Stepping on the switch does nothing, the only way to turn it off is to change to presets or turn the helix off/on.  It doesn't matter if I have shoes on or not.  Last time it happened was in the middle of a gig...

I don't know for 100% sure but I suspect the switch itself is the culprit here. Specifically contact bounce of the switch (in the old days we fixed this issue with a flipflop, a circuit that prevented it). The only way to prove it is to replace the switch- Line 6 suggested I take it to a local shop which I declined to do. In a couple of months my LT will be out of warranty & then I'll replace FS10. In my case moving all assignments away from that switch fixed the problem, but of course I can't use that switch right now. 

Try moving (hold the offending FS button & another unused one simultaneously- a screen will appear asking if you want to swap assignments- push OK). If the problem goes away it's most likely the switch. One poster said to hold down the switch while turning- haven't tried that but it's a temporary fix at best. 

If you have time to be without it & are still under warranty open up a ticket. 

• 1 month later...