Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

line6 sonic port vx does not work with ios13

i have update my device(ipad mini5 and iphone7) to ios13.1. the sonic port still does not work. i have contacted line6 through the email. they did not give the solution. sonic port is still saling on taobao in china, the customers do not know the issue.i think it is not fair to those who want to buy this product. i hope line6 can give the solution and postprone the saling.

Also for me, since I have upgraded to IOS 13, the SONIC PORT does not work anymore, but think that it is the programming of the plug. When plugging into the iPad i hear a light cracking, nothing more is possible ... luckily have an iPhone with IOS 12 I leave it so,  otherwise I can not play music anymore .. I hope LINE 6 will hereby APPLE communicate that so fast it works again. It would be a shame, if users are left alone again, according to the motto: buy something new ...

In my opinion...Sonic Port just became A Paper weight.  LIne 6 new about this during the beta of IOS 13.  I use my Ipad for music.  I have multiple apps to use. I choose the Sonic Port for my interface.  Worked flawless until now.  Its just sad how an IOS update can cripple a great device!  I can care less about the features of IOS 13.  Just want to play music, which I can not do for the last 2 weeks.  I went out and bought a Focusrite Itrack solo.  This device still works with Mobile Pod, Bias Amp 2, Bias FX, Garage Band, Amplitube and Jam Up.  Any reason why this interface still works but the Sonic Port and Sonic Port VX doesn't? Still hoping for a solution!!!!  Let's go Line 6...Step up!  Just give us an update.  Thanks for listening.....

So the really infuriating part is you CANNOT roll back to iOS 12.4.2 once you’re on 13.2. You can roll back from iOS 13 beta to 12 but not from the official 13. So if you haven’t updated DON’T because there is no going back now. I just spent an hour and a half with support and they confirmed that once you update it’s over. I guess if someone was clever and used some kind pf jailbreak procedure you could go back but there is no officially supported method. 

Also frustrating is they still sell these darn things! Crazy. 

I don’t believe Line6 can’t fix it. It’s their fault for not making changes to support the OS like every other manufacturer. Totall bull$hit to lay blame on Apple...but it makes future purchasing decisions simpler. I’ll never consider another Line6 product again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone gotten an update on the status of this issue? SonicPort is my go to travel amp, I’m so bummed!

I have an old iPad that it works but, the apps are so old and out of date the hardly work.

I’ve thought of switching to a pocket POD but I am afraid it will be inoperable at some point...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/30/2020 at 12:12 PM, benn1709 said:

Well it’s been months since calling and no updates or emails since. It’s now an expensive paper weight. Someone should start a class action suit. This is ridiculous!!

Uh, it’s been working for several months now. Apple finally fixed it on their end with the iOS 13.4 update.

• 2 weeks later...